It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEALTH and Nine Inch Nails - Isn't Everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"Isn't Everyone" is a collaborative track released by HEALTH + Nine Inch Nails on May 6th, 2021.

"I'm gonna watch you drown
I will light the match that burns it all down
you [...] cast your spells
all the little piggies cannot help themselves
no, no no, no, no

just stop pretending you feel the same
nothing matters, we're all to blame
we all surrendered to those we serve
we get the world we all deserve"

"you faked eternity again
you think we'll turn away
I want to know your bitterness till it's real
you think we're turning into you
you think you got away
we want to know your demands
Where do we go?

you faked eternity again
we want to hold your bitterness till it's real
you think we're turning into you
we want to hold your bitterness now

just stop pretending you feel the same
nothing matters, we're all to blame
we all surrendered to those we serve
we get the world we all deserve

(Are you alone?) Just stop pretending
(Are you alone?) You feel the same
(Isn't everyone?) Nothing matters
(Isn't everyone?) We're all to blame
(Are you alone?) We all surrendered
(Are you alone?) To those we serve
(Isn't everyone?) We get the world
(Isn't everyone?) We all deserve

Are you alone?
Are you alone?
Isn't everyone?
Isn't everyone?
Are you alone?
Are you alone?
Isn't everyone?
Isn't everyone?"

Song Credits

Producer: Corin Roddick, Health, Nine Inch Nails
Composer: Atticus Ross, Benjamin Miller, Jacob Duzsik, John Famiglietti, Trent Reznor
Lyricist: Benjamin Miller, Jacob Duzsik, Trent Reznor
Drums: Benjamin Miller
Guitar: Jacob Duzsik, Trent Reznor
Mastering Engineer: Joe La Porta
Mixer: Atticus Ross
Recording Producer: Health, Nine Inch Nails
Studio Personnel: Atticus Ross, Joe La Porta
Synthesizer: Jacob Duzsik, Trent Reznor
Vocals: Jacob Duzsik, Trent Reznor

www.nin.wiki...

edit on 8/22/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Why the # have I wasted so much time on DefaultPropa-I mean DebatePolitics when I could've been here amongst people far more open minded and with far better taste in music and media.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IndyFront

That's a dam good question, and one that many more people should be asking themselves.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I love this song so much! I had it on repeat for awhile right after it came out. I like the other Health collabs too.

"YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER."

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Still relevant...

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Still relevant...

The Miley Cyrus cover was awful. AFI and Devo did better covers ffs

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Still relevant...

Zosimov posted a thread about a month ago, titled God Media
& along with the 'Head Like A Hole' video in the OP.

The lyrics work out dam near perfect for our current times if you change 'God Money' to 'God Media'.

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That video kinda reminds me of the 'Broken' Movie.
(the 20 minute snuff-like short film made to promote the e.p.)

I wonder if this is going to be a new trend that Trent will continue with, collaborating with various different people for 1-off songs here and there. I hope he does. I like it.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

That video kinda reminds me of the 'Broken' Movie.
(the 20 minute snuff-like short film made to promote the e.p.)

I'll have to check that out..maybe..lol

I wonder if this is going to be a new trend that Trent will continue with, collaborating with various different people for 1-off songs here and there. I hope he does. I like it.

I love collabs, and the odd supergroup, but has to be heavyish

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

To be clear, that Elfman video is nothing at all like the Broken Movie, but it just reminded me of it. Actually, nothing I've ever seen is anything like the Broken Movie.

I don't expect you to have a problem with it, but since I'm going to post a link, it needs to be clear to anyone who may come across this post.

DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH, THIN SKIN, A WEAK MIND, OR ANY CHILDREN IN YOUR HOUSE under the age of 25(?)

This 20 minute video contains parts of the official videos for 'Pinion', 'Wish', 'Help Me I Am In Hell', & 'Happiness in Slavery'. The Happiness.... video is disturbing by itself, but it's in the least disturbing half of this video.

I hadn't seen it in a long time, until just the other day when I remembered it. I can't remember where he got it from, but I first saw it in the late 90s. A friend had a VHS copy of it, but I knew it wasn't real. I can't accurately imagine how I might have felt back then, if I had come across this video and had not known whether or not any of it was real.

It really is an intriguing story though. Honestly, I think the whole story would make for an interesting thread. For a second, I thought about making one, but due to the extreme contents of the video itself, I'll leave it buried here... (maybe I'll hide a link to this post in my signature sometime)

The Broken Movie is a short film made in 1993 to promote the Broken EP, released in 1992. It is presented as a snuff film, about 20 minutes in length, interspersed with Broken’s four music videos and includes its own video for the song "Gave Up" as its conclusion. The movie was filmed and directed by Peter Christopherson.

The film involves a young man being kidnapped and made to watch Nine Inch Nails videos while being tortured. Trent Reznor once said that the Broken Movie "...makes 'Happiness In Slavery' look like a Disney movie". Much of the cast, save Bob Flanagan in "Happiness In Slavery" and the band itself in "Wish", is unknown. The film was inspired by scenes from 'Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer'.

NIИ Wiki - Broken Movie

After the video was made, Trent decided it would not be a good idea to release it. In my opinion, that was 100% the correct decision. It's a scary thought, but I think it's possible that if he had released this video, I may not have ever even heard of Nine Inch Nails. At that time, I think it most likely would have severely damaged his rising career.

In 2004, Trent responded to a fans question, via the 'Access' section of the NIИ website, about the possibility of getting a good quality version of Movie, saying that "You never know where it might show up..."

The "Gibby" referred to is most likely Gibby Haynes, formerly of The Butthole Surfers and Revolting Cocks.

nin.wiki/nin.com/access

Then near the end of 2006, a Torrent of a high quality version of the full Movie was anonymously released online. (uploaded to ThePirateBay by user Seed0... most likely Trent)

Image included with the Torrent:

Due to its extremely graphic content, the Broken Movie has never seen an "official" release. A copy was leaked in the 1990s and traded for years, resulting in many poor-quality, high-generation copies, and was later encoded and distributed through P2P networks.

However, on December 30 2006, someone leaked a high-quality DVD image on The Pirate Bay; it includes the video for "Help Me I Am In Hell," which none of the fan-made compilations did, because the first leak had the video dropped out. It was leaked online by the same user who uploaded the leaked DVD version of Closure and there is speculation that this version of the movie has been sourced directly from the master tapes and that Reznor himself is the source of the leaks, as implied by a post on his blog on The Spiral: "12/21/06 : Happy Holidays! This one is a guilt-free download. (shhhh - I didn't say that out loud). If you know what I'm talking about, cool."

In 2013, the Broken Movie was uploaded to the official NIN Vimeo account, but was promptly removed by Vimeo. It is currently available to download from archive.org.

The full video can be watched here: Archive.Org - Nine Inch Nails Broken DVD
That page also contains several links for different download options, in a variety of formats.

Almost all of the info I've provided can be found here: NIИ Wiki - Broken_Movie
But it also contains a full Synopsis of the Movie, detailing the film.

To anyone who may be reading this that may feel like the video is something they may not be able to stomach, you can probably determine that for sure, just based on how disgusted you are by simply reading about the events that take place, without having to actually watch it.

However, it is just a movie after all. It can't actually hurt you.

edit on 8/30/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In a portion of "Sleazy Peter Christopherson's Jukebox interview with Mike Barnes", he discussed the making of the Broken Movie.

What was the story behind the video for Broken? I heard that Reznor asked you to ‘do your worst’, so to speak.

After I’d made a couple of videos for them that were relatively conventional in the early 90s, Trent phoned me and said, Would I make the heaviest video ever made? So stupidly, of course, I said, “Yes I’d be delighted” and proceeded to do just that.

Coil had already done some remixes of Nine Inch Nails and they’d been used in Seven, the famous horror movie. So I was on pretty good terms with the guys and we put together a compilation for the Broken album of which the culmination was a track called “Gave Up”. Basically the video was what I intended to be a comment on the existence of snuff movies and people’s obsession with them.

And I did it without regard for MTV and what was showable and not showable, because that’s what he asked me to do. But when the video was finally assembled, the record company thought they would get into all sorts of *snip* if they actually released it, but Trent leaked a couple of copies to a video shop in Ventura Boulevard or somewhere, who subsequently made what I understand to be in excess of $20-30,000 bootlegging and selling copies of copies. So because Nine Inch Nails were in the charts with no video, it became one of the first viral distribution products, so loads and load of Nine Inch Nails fans copied their copies and distributed them, because the net wasn’t really working for video then.

Because everyone was making bad dubs of bad dubs, what I considered at the time to be pretty obvious clues that this was a fake and actually making a comment about those things, were lost by the bad quality. So unfortunately a lot of people, especially kids, started to believe that it was a real snuff movie. By the time a VHS has been copied ten times you are hard pressed to make out any detail at all. You can just about see that there is a guy with a rubber mask and a chainsaw appearing to cut someone’s legs off, but you can’t really see anything else: you can’t see all of those clues that would actually tell you it was no more real than Saw 2 or Hostel 28.

So in a way I regret… it was never my intention to bring harm to people. I do think people can be harmed seeing things, especially unexpectedly, that put them in the position of empathizing with someone being tortured and murdered. That’s a hard thing to watch. I guess it’s interesting that it’s achieved a certain notoriety. But to me, because truth has always been pretty important to me, I think that the way Hollywood presents horror as a Grand Guignol a sort of Theatre Of The Absurd, actually encourages kids to go, “Yeah, that was f***ing awesome man, you could see their eyes popping out”, and whatever.

I think that does humanity a disservice because that suggests that you can be horrible and it’s a joke, whereas with what I’m trying to do, if it’s addressing the issue of man’s cruelty to man, there’s no doubt that my intention is to point out how appalling those things are, and what they look like for real. I don’t know what the statistic is of how many people get killed on American TV every second but it’s something horrendous. But because all of those deaths are shown in a plastic way, they don’t prepare people for what death is really like. Really, people in the West have no clue about the reality of death.

www.thewire.co.uk...

Short Biography of Peter Christopherson

Peter Martin Christopherson (also known as Sleazy, 27 February 1955 – 25 November 2010) was an English musician, video director, commercial artist, designer and photographer, and former member of British design agency Hipgnosis.

He was one of the original members of the Industrial Records band Throbbing Gristle (TG). After the disbandment of Throbbing Gristle, he participated in the formation of Psychic TV along with Genesis P-Orridge and Geoff Rushton—Rushton later changed his name to John Balance.

After his short time in Psychic TV, Christopherson formed Coil with Balance, which lasted for just under 23 years, until Balance died of a fall in the Weston-super-Mare home he shared with Christopherson. Christopherson participated in the reunification of Throbbing Gristle and, after his relocation to Thailand in 2005, composed an album for his solo endeavour The Threshold HouseBoys Choir. Christopherson died in his sleep on 25 November 2010.

www.wikii.org...

edit on 8/30/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I will check it out

new topics

top topics

join