It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sad and Unnecessary Death of the Creole (Haitian) Pig

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Creole Pig was well suited to impoverished Haiti, being low-maintenance and tolerant of the local diseases.
unfortunately when Swine Flu came out some people thought it would be a good idea to eradicate them and replace with USA pigs.
so the familiar, tough local pig was replaced by high-maintenance unsuited USA pig.

another reason for Haitian misery.

www.dominionpaper.ca...

As peasants in the Haitian countryside explained the procedure to Govinda Dalton, Duvalier's henchman approached pig owners with a choice to the effect of kill your pig or we'll machete you. "The program lasted from 1981 to 1983. By August 1984, Haiti was declared free of swine fever, and," Lawless writes, "of pigs."

Chosen for high feed conversion rates rather than adaptability, an American breed of fat white Iowa pig was brought in to repopulate. They could not take the Haitian heat. Special concrete houses were built to keep them cool at the central breeding site in Port-au-Prince. Recipients of the new imported pigs had to pay to build such houses on their own property. Pere Miso, a parish priest from Les Cayes, spoke to Dalton about the new pigs. "Those pigs are not adapted to our country. Those pigs need a lot of food. A lot of food. The native pig we had, they ate anything. From the tree. From the kitchen. But the American pigs won't eat just anything

apparently some people way up in the loop made a lot of $ for this but the poor suffered.

efforts being made to recreate the breed.

"In recent years, Haitian and French agronomists have bred a new variety of pig similar to Haitis Creole pig. An effort to repopulate Haiti with these pigs is underway."

source: www.livestockoftheworld.com...
frustratingly vague. will continue research.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

somebody on Facebook says Creole Pig is still around
hoping so

The creole pig IS still a landrace of pig indigenous to Haiti although the US attempted to exterminate them in the 1980s because of a so called virus. Obviously they were not successful. Wikipedia actually noted them as being extinct. Suck on these hairy pig.... ears!
Creole pigs ARE well adapted to local conditions, such as available feed and conditions needed for their management as livestock and are STILL popular amongst Haitian ‘peasant’ farmers.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

What is it with America screwing with Haiti? And Cuba? And Syria? And.....pffft, I can't be bothered to list them all.

Panetta had one thing right, America does look weak now, thanks to Biden bringing us back down to where Obama had us....."here's the line, don't cross it....ok...here's the new line, don't cross it..."

Weak and pathetic as the world watches all the squabbing over trans-formers...people identifying as # their not...MSM and Con-gress and social media platforms still hating on Trump six months later....

Nuketown 2021 Domination -- I always go for the B flag cuz that's the "Bitch, get out my land" flag. Never got a nuke, never got a moab, cuz I never had a good signal, always yellow.

Wait, what?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

Fck that I protect the home base and protect my K2DR.

ADS hiding in the corner, wot!!!

It's no camping I'm protecting C
edit on 12-7-2021 by Panartisis because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2021 by Panartisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Feral hogs are out of control in the South.
They can come and get all of them they want.
They are tough suckers. Not soft like domestic pigs.
They eat pretty much anything. I've seen one drink a bucket full of diesel like it was nectar.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Panartisis
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

Fck that I protect the home base and protect my K2DR.

ADS hiding in the corner, wot!!!

It's no camping I'm protecting C

I don't think I understand a single word you wrote!

Is that like Street-Wookie or something???

Maybe some Klingon Smack? WTF is that??

Could you please translate to some reasonable proximity of...English????

P.S. I will try to put that in words which might be more understandable....

Glack bluuh mifffflideblish gi fleebelfluffer-er kaff mckgic gak bleem ga gak "English"???
edit on 7/12/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
sounds like he passed out in the middle of typing

maybe he's saying 'no gummint gonna take MY pig!!!'

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Texas has wild hogs that should love Haiti. And even if you trapped 10% of the texas wild hogs there would still be more then enough in texas.

join