It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy Football Feeler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hey there ATS, just wanted to say hello and gauge the interest of doing an all ATS Fantasy Football League with a draft late in August.

If you are interested leave a reply along with your preferred format, website, and the like.

I think it would be fun to play together and of course accuse the winner of collusion or some other conspiracy

I will volunteer as commissioner and if we get enough committed players we can talk about entry fees and payouts or donations based on group consensus.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Don't think I need an ats football league but I'll just take the opportunity to say my draft SUCKED last year...all except for Aaron Rodgers who I got on the cheap because everyone thought he was washed up. Perfect time for an MVP 40 TD season Mr. Rodgers, thank you. Won me my first Superbowl in about 8 tries.

General advice beware spending lots on marquee RBs...it's a miracle if they don't get hurt at least once during the season. Some of the best/highest scoring players I get are after the starter gets hurt, and you don't pay a dime for them. Having finally won a season I can definitely say it takes a lot of luck. Makes it more enticing for the average joe.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CautiouslyOptimus

I would be interested. my format of choice would be yahoo.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

General advice beware spending lots on marquee RBs...it's a miracle if they don't get hurt at least once during the season. Some of the best/highest scoring players I get are after the starter gets hurt, and you don't pay a dime for them. Having finally won a season I can definitely say it takes a lot of luck. Makes it more enticing for the average joe.
a reply to: SuicideKing33

I would say that a good strategy is to wait on QB's and build a good core team. I will also say that last season was my first season grabbing the best TE. and I will say that makes a world of a difference when you are playing an opponent that has an average TE. I think there is good value in grabbing RB's in the 3rd round or so.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Kelce is a beast. Mahomes too. Went for big $$$ last year in my league and will again this year. I got A-Rodge for $17 lol I think mahomes went for $90 or $100. I got outbid on Christian Mcafree and was sad, until he gets injured like 3 weeks in. My secret weapon the last 2 years as well...Justin Tucker the ravens kicker...he's the kicker GOAT.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I’m thinking PPR, 10 team league, standard scoring on whatever platform gets the most votes.

Yeah, Rotoviz has been on the Zero Running back drafts the past 6-7 years. In a PPR league the pass catching backs are Uber powerful, but the anti fragility play is to go WR.

Although believe it or not TE is the slot with the lowest anti fragility score per Rotoviz. Hard to pass up TE early.

As long as you don’t draft a QB in the first round you should be good

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I usually join a public league. Would be happy to play with you all.

join