It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming or not Global Warming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

As far as I know there has never been a time when the climate wasn't changing. It cyclically warms and cools. What drives that is obviously a point of contention for some people. But I don't think it is any one thing causing it.

I also think its pretty arrogant of people as a whole to think they can do anything about it. Us against mother nature has never had us come out on top. We aren't meant to. I am fine with that.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Farmers rule says for Germany/ big parts of Europe, that until the day of Ice Saints and that's around 11-15, we need to expect cold days and nights. If we notice a sharp drop in temperature around this date, it means the Ice Saints are here.

In modern terms it means that the European continent is already warming up faster than the sea. This leads to a low pressure region between the sea and land. The warm air cushions moves to the north and pushes polar air back down to Europe.

You can tell if the days around these dates are with sunshine, not much clouds, you can expect sub zero degrees at night, granted.
edit on 1.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The question is should we feel guilty for any part of heating humanity as a whole do when the people who is reading this are not the ones controlling the important decisions.

1. Nuclear plants all over the world are warming up the oceans without reason, when the heat could have been used to heat housing. This is an extreme waste of energy and water vapor is a greenhouse gas.

2. People at the top of decision making show by their action that not using cars and planes is only for the sheep and not them. Private planes to Davos.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's called weather.
Weather changes.
That's what it does.
Been that way for millions of years.
Ask any REAL scientist with knowledge in the REAL sciences .
I have seen it snow here in Georgia in May. (My grandmother would tell you of snow in June in Georgia)
I have seen near 80F in late December .

To think otherwise is self-induced ignorance.

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
It's the right thing to do.
edit on 5/2/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join