It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Naval Antarctic Developments Project 1947

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Operation High Jump.
I was just looking into the hollow earth story and found this:

www.south-pole.com...

Seems our government was looking for urainium in the Antarctic continent. This is a good read.
Long but worth the time especially if you enjoy military history.
Anybody have any further info on military bases,or any testing in the Antartic?

Mods if this is posted elswhere on ats please move this thread. I did a search, but returned no results.

Mod Edit: ALL-CAPS title.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
unfortunatly i have seen very little of anything to do with the antarrtic. it seems rather interesting that all of a sudden evryone wanted to stake a claim in this frozen waisland. also of note is that at least from the us this was to be a miltary venture. why did the us, and the soviate union need to be there both countries have major acess to the artic? so the "testing" of materials idea is pointless. makes you wonder eh.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I do believe that Mcmurdo is a US station in the Antartic, that has a lot of mystery and ATS'ers guessing what it is involved in.

Here is a brief over view of rumoured events in/on Antartic:

1: UFO found under the Ice - I dont believe this. Germans in the 1940 rumoured to of found it and also made contact with Aliens.

Dont get me wrong i am a believer in alien visitation, but not in this particular instance.

2: Lost and Ancient civilisations also found under the ice: I think it is Possible - however unlikey. with millions of years of compressed ice and snow nothing of buildings and structures would be left.

3: A none frozen lake (Vostock) found underneath 2 1/2 miles of ice. Which means it is untouched by man, and is more than likey harbouring microbiological life forms we have not seen before.
We know this lake is true - NASA JPL and european partners are using this lake as a precurser to the europa mission which i think a pretty much confirmed. The issue for these agencies is how do you break through the ice cap with out contaminatiing the water and the life forms (potentially) within.

This is a very interesting area and is something I am researching currently.

4: There is a belief that there is a big hole, that leads to the centre of the earth. This rumour cam about due toa magnetic anomoly around one of the outer edge's of vostok.

I will put info on each of these later today when i have more time, but this was just a quick over view.

Regards

Boondog

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sounds like you have done some research boon. Please do post anything you find about any of those as well as the lake.
Thanks so much

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
yea yea yea. i heard about the government doing some secret stuff in antarctica, but i dont know if it was looking for uranium. and about project high jump, it didnt take place in antarctica, it was conducted in 1962 at Brunswick and Pt. Mugu naval air stations, several F4H-1s captured 8 time to climb records. www.boeing.com...

top topics

join