It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary Confirms Hogzilla's Existence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
National Geographic have exhumed the carcas "Hogzilla" while he is not quite as large as legend wopuld have it he still is the producer of the documentary put it "He was an impressive beast. He was definitely a freak of nature,". One tusk was 18 inches long and the beast weighted in at 800 pounds and was almost 8 feet long.

thats alot of easter ham!

ALAPAHA, Ga. - A team of National Geographic experts has confirmed south Georgia's monster hog, known to locals as Hogzilla, was indeed real — and really, really big.

They also noted the super swine didn't quite live up to the 1,000-pound, 12-foot hype generated when Hogzilla was caught on a farm last summer and photographed hanging from a backhoe.

Donning biohazard suits to exhume the behemoth's smelly remains, the experts estimated Hogzilla was probably only 7 1/2 to 8 feet long, and weighed about 800 pounds. The confirmation came in a documentary aired Sunday night on the National Geographic Channel; it will be rebroadcast Wednesday and Saturday.
Hogzilla

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
A tusk 18 inches long
My God that could do some damage. I was watching a nature show and it had a lion trying to catch a tiny boar, perhaps 20 lbs. The boar with its tiny tusk slice nearly the whole of the lions rear leg very deep. I couldnt believe it did so much damage. It gave me a new found respect for wild pigs even tiny ones.

That thing would be a monster.

I heard some people even hunt smaller ones with only a knife down south
They must be crazy.

[edit on 22-3-2005 by ShadowXIX]

new topics

join