It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the English really think of Scotland!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I found this documentary on English/Scottish relations.

its been uhh informative.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
And these guys are on the same damn island with pretty much the same genetics. And you wonder why the rest of us can't get along.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Meh, we're all scared, scarred, hybrid ape thingies and build our little cultures to rally around and pretend other cultures are lesser so we can tell ourselves we matter.

But I was expecting a "Braveheart" clip so kudos on obscure references.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
And these guys are on the same damn island with pretty much the same genetics. And you wonder why the rest of us can't get along.

Right.

And the EU does not work either, despite those nations sharing a history and culture.

Now, just imagine how well the NWO UN world government will run, based on decades of UN graft, corruption and utter incompetence....never mind trying to run "commonly" nations in vastly different stages of development, education, economics and culture, like Japan and Haiti for example....that's gonna work....
edit on 8-4-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Government should be local and limited. You can’t rule the world with one-size fits all government.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Documentary?

Its an episode of Garth Merenghi's Dark Place

en.wikipedia.org...

Quality series though.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The only authorized opinion about this matter is the one of Sir Sean Connery.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
And the EU does not work either, despite those nations sharing a history and culture.

The only "shared history and culture" in the EU are the various the attempts over the centuries by the Spanish, French and Germans to dominate the continent. Each time the English / UK rode to the rescue, eh?

A driving force of European integration (under the EU) is the formation of a homogeneous culture through the eradication of local cultures and societies. A "European" mindset is a made-up mindset. Most European countries were under dictatorship a couple of generations ago so don’t have a continuous history of evolving democracy, for example. That may be why many EU citizens accept the EU’s undemocratic credentials.

The French and the Swedes have completely different societies and histories, as do the Italians and Latvians. The Scottish and the English have very entwined histories, and much in common. Regular social attitude surveys prove this is true, and someone living in Plymouth is likely to have shared values to someone living in Inverness.

Of course, this common culture is a thorn in the side of the Scottish nationalists, who have a policy of demonising and blaming all the world’s ills on the English, who they refer to as Tories. This invented Scottish exceptionalism cannot hide the cultural closeness between the Scots and the English within the UK.

On the clip. Comedy as depicted is probably a Hate Crime now in Scotland.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   

And for anyone who missed the blatant but well intentioned irony here ....

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I was going to give a long winded argument about why dividing our nations is a load of bollock's engineered by the divide and conquer crowd but then when I watched that it made me laugh, Glasgow did have a reputation as a HARD city and was once home to some of the hardest men in the entirety of Britain.

Don't underestimate the Welsh though, I mean they gave the old Normans quite the hiding more than once and when they stop arguing with one another and stand together, well Rourke's drift says it all.

Truth I hate those that want to divide our nation, I LOVE the Scot's and am from northern England with like many northerners plenty of Celt ancestry.

Northerners have larger brain's too.

The only problem I have with the Scot's is all that cruelty to cat's, I mean let them out of the bag and stock tormenting the little thing's (Sorry had to joke about bagpipes and actually I love the sound but lets be fair it does sound like a bag of tormented cat's - the counter argument is at least scot's cats can sing in tune).
edit on 9-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Sorry LabTech , rude not to

Northerners have larger "BRAINS" too.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Typing as I think but to answer (so my grammar is lacking because I type literally as I think and don't really give a damn about grammar).
www.telegraph.co.uk...

In general British IQ also tends to be higher than our European counterparts but that is a generalization as the Swedes (pre non European migrant influx), Danes, Norwegians etc tend (or Tended) to be even higher than ours on average while Germans were about equal to ours with it getting lower the further south you go for some odd reason but remember it is only a statistic and it may just be an analysis of those who were idiotic enough to take the tests while the rest of the people did not want to play a child's game.

Welsh (ethnic group not new inclusions whom let's be fair are no slouches) are pretty smart too by the way and fall generally into the Northern Category (even in southern wales) in that argument though the northern English and the Scot's take the crown on it, mostly probably due to all that Danish and Norwegian DNA from there male ancestors while of course the female line as in the rest of Britain is mostly of ancient British lineage - yes even in the far south seems those old Saxon's and Angles could not get enough of the Pretty local Auburn, red and blond lady's that were common among the Pre-Roman and Roman period British, meanwhile the Normans probably imported most of the ugly into the country (even though they were originally Norse Men whom had settled in France) because when old Willy the Chestnut decided to invade he sent out a call to arms and an offer of land, loot, and free raping to the worst of the worst that France had to offer and so they turned us under his rule into there botany bay much to the terrible and forgotten suffering of the Anglo Saxon then the Welsh, the Irish (who suffered mostly under the Parliamentarian because they were Loyal to the deposed British monarchy and mostly Catholics while the Parliamentarians were of course Anglican and various offshoots of Protestantism) and then the Scottish people's though to be fair the Scots did send them packing and it took there own clan's to be at one another's throats to allow the Normans by then wrongly called the English back into there country.

Makes me laugh because old Robby Burn's is named with a Saxon Surname, a Burn is a Saxon word for a small stream though it became slang for Children north of Hadrian's old wall.

edit on 9-4-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Colour me impressed at your informed reply.
You make ATS proud Butty.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: M5xaz

The only "shared history and culture" in the EU are the various the attempts over the centuries by the Spanish, French and Germans to dominate the continent. Each time the English / UK rode to the rescue, eh?

A driving force of European integration (under the EU) is the formation of a homogeneous culture through the eradication of local cultures and societies. A "European" mindset is a made-up mindset. Most European countries were under dictatorship a couple of generations ago so don’t have a continuous history of evolving democracy, for example. That may be why many EU citizens accept the EU’s undemocratic credentials.

The French and the Swedes have completely different societies and histories, as do the Italians and Latvians. The Scottish and the English have very entwined histories, and much in common. Regular social attitude surveys prove this is true, and someone living in Plymouth is likely to have shared values to someone living in Inverness.

Of course, this common culture is a thorn in the side of the Scottish nationalists, who have a policy of demonising and blaming all the world’s ills on the English, who they refer to as Tories. This invented Scottish exceptionalism cannot hide the cultural closeness between the Scots and the English within the UK.

On the clip. Comedy as depicted is probably a Hate Crime now in Scotland.

Agreed !

Let me then rephrase: despite the relative economic/development closeness of the Europeans (compared to the rest of the world) , the EU still does not work.

It is clear then, that a "world government" of vastly different groups/cultures/nations at different development stages cannot ever work.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It's a clip from a comedy.

Hahaha, you guys really have no sense of irony, do you?

Bloody hell...

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I found this documentary on English/Scottish relations.

its been uhh informative.

Utter nonsense. I love the Scots. Brave, proud, tough folks in general. Most of the people I know live the Scots and Scotland. Yes we’ve cracked heads a few times, but we are better together. Same with Wales and Ireland - all good people. All rich in history and lore. We’ve died together in the trenches, in far fields across the globe. We’ve laughed and loved, quarrelled and fought. Scotland is Scotland and the Scots are Scottish. Like all things independence and manufactured hatred are the tools of the elite and the evil. I personally would fight as passionately for Scotland as I would for England, Ireland or Wales. We are brothers.

posted on Apr, 9 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

It's a clip from a comedy.

Hahaha, you guys really have no sense of irony, do you?

Bloody hell...

Whats irony?

top topics

join