It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help find.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Saw an article today saying that unemployment claims are higher than expected.
Saw another article saying that unemployment claims at lowest levels since november.
Both articles had the same numbers for unemployment claims this week at 700k-800K.
Nether article had information about total unemployment in the united states.

But isn't that the important info? Knowing the number this week doesn't tell us anything if we don't know total numbers.
For all we know 900k people got new jobs this week causing a net gain of 100k.

I went looking for total numbers. Or at least a list of how many citizens started new jobs each week.
Can't seem to find this info. Can anyone help?

Are they keeping this info from us on purpose?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I would say yes.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

No. It's just contemporary journalism at its finest. First, you decide on what conclusion you want to portray, then you use any old numbers to "prove" your assertion. That the same numbers are used to support opposite conclusions tells a whole lot about the journalists mind set and expertise, but not a whole lot about the facts. Each conclusion is definitely "on purpose" and reflects the journalists' research skills. No one is "keeping this info from us on purpose." The writers are simply using the exact same data to support their political ideologies.
edit on 4/8/2021 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

In our lifetimes, we have seen the end of large-publication journalism.
No more digging, giving us all of the pertinent info, so that we can make-up our own minds.

All we have now is agenda-based reporting, where any kind of news is 'shaped', formed, and presented to us with a slant.
Spin-doctors, and not the turntable kind...

The few real journalists are left to become independent, and either vastly crop their articles, so as not to get banned by the electronic media, or they are relegated to near invisibility, on their own websites and sometimes even ISPs.

MSMâ„¢ is unbelievable, and untrustworthy.
They are owned and operated by Big-Pharmaâ„¢ and the Bankstersâ„¢, and fully comply with Governmentâ„¢ black-ops and 3-letter agencies.

Make me SMH every time we still see MSMâ„¢ being offered-up here as sources.

posted on Apr, 10 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I still haven't found any info on total number of unemployed.

new topics

top topics

join