It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer of a Weary Black Woman

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
An empty mind is just a empty mind. There is no extra awareness brought on by the absence of thought. Just a empty potato mind sitting cross legged. With out thought there is no you. Without will there is no mind. Conscious thought is the prime mover off all things. To be void of it is to be void of all things.

a reply to: glend

posted on Apr, 12 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

That would be the logicaal viewpoint yes., Yet I have experienced extra awareness that you say doesn't exists. That experience only occurred after three months of constant meditation whilst on leave. The thoughts from global mind (for lack of better understanding) interconnects the local minds. So bubbles of thoughts from others entered my awareness.

I wasn't expecting that connectiveness, yet when it happenned, it seemed somewhat natural. I tested and confirmed that new reality for myself. I suspect there is greater reality existing beyond what I experienced. Unfortunately after leave, I wasn't able to maintain that level of awareness in a far noisier environment. So cannot confirm my suspisions of what exists beyond what I experienced

So I don't see meditation/prayer as a means to remove mind from self. But to control mind so its idle noise level is far less obtrusive to our being. When the minds every minute noise level is lowered. We are able to reach a greater awareness which isn't confined by our senses. Its something that we don't have to believe. Yet its is something we can all experience.

So I suggest to you that the void is full of all things.

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Riiiiiiiight!
spiritual enlightenment is not the issue spiritual purity is. You are not spiritually pure enough to get to stand before God on your own merits.

edit on 4/16/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Thats a very astute observation, ChesterJohn.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join