It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's not evil, that's marketing. Evil would be waiting until after everybody has finished their bacon burger and then revealing to them that the bacon is actually seaweed that resembles the taste and aroma of bacon. Tricking your customers into eating vegetables is diabolic.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Evil to the bone, I agree with the people who said that. Tempting people with the smell of bacon is evil.

Coming from a person who bought two three pound packages of cloverdale ends and pieces for six ninety six a piece on Monday morning. I have a vacuum packer and broke each package into four packages for our blind cat. Each package is enough for four days. That cat is an addict. But as long as you feed him bacon, he is a nice cat, he gets into way too much trouble if he goes cold turkey. Think I should get another three pound package before the price goes up again. The wife and I get about two slices out of a twelve ounce package.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

An old and tried and tested trick of the trade, many restaurant's, fast food retailers and supermarket bakery's and hot deli counters deliberately use the smell of cooking to attract customers.

You are not hungry then you smell that delicious aroma and suddenly you are.

But in some places it can get you in hot water.

There was a shop in part of England that had made grilled bacon and egg sandwiches for over a century and lot's and lot's of Muslim migrants started to buy up the area until they surrounded this shop, they complained until the local authority ordered the business owner to do something about the smell and fit filters despite his shop being a known landmark and very popular with traditional customers that travelled far and wide to the place were this shop had stood for over a hundred years.

But that is England and at least in the US you probably don't have that kind of problem yet.

Nothing like grilled bacon in my book, I like it thick smoked and so that the fat is crispy and the meat well don't with skinless tomato and fried egg on a nice cob with a bit of brown (HP) sauce and a fried black pudding on the side (Grill the bacon first, fry the egg, tomato and black pudding in the tasty fat rendered from the bacon during it's grilling and of course keep it warm until the other parts are done, finally fry one side of the bread for a few seconds in that fat after you have done the rest of the meal just to crisp it up a bit, HP brown sauce is a traditional English table sauce, fruity, spicy and sweet - oh and you can always throw in a Cumberland sausage for garnish on the plate, well actually a good Cumberland is a meal in itself and dipped in brown sauce is enough for most to water at the mouth or with a nice chutney - something with a bit of bite).

You can fry the bacon as well so that was just my preference, my mother used to make it with canned plum tomatoes in a frying pan, fry the bacon and black pudding first then add the tomatoes and finally the fried egg's, fried so as to be as you say over easy with a soft yolk served with fried bread and yes if you have it a bit of Cumberland sausage as well, because of the juice form the tomatoes you do not need the sauce with this one just use what is in the pan on, might look a bit messy but tastes out of this world.

On a side not not all black puddings are equal and not all bacon's smoked and otherwise are either, find good one's that go well together, over here in Britain ever butcher had there own variant on the black pudding though old Danish back bacon used to be our favourite back in the day, a good streaky back bacon is probably what you want and non of unsalted crap they peddle today.

edit on 3-3-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I’m down with that.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Dunno if they still do it, Darrell Lea, licorice and confectionery stores in shopping centres, used to run nebulisers all day, pumping out the aroma of licorice essence to entice shoppers.

Worked a treat !

posted on Mar, 8 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

That's actually a marketing technique which has been in use for years, believe it or not!

When we were building the new terminal at Detroit Metro Airport the Cinnabon concession in the existing terminal got in trouble with the airport for doing just that. They ducted their oven exhaust fans in such a way that it vented part of the exhaust out into the concourse. The smell of Cinnabon's cooking is too much to resist!

There would always be a big line of people at Cinnabon and nobody standing in line at other concessions. One of the other concessions pitched a bitch about it and when they investigated they found an intentional exhaust diversion. Major building Code violation also. The airport made Cinnabon correct that immediately (and closed them down until they did).

After they fixed it, the line of people at Cinnabon went WAY down! And the other concessions picked up huge amounts of business. I heard later that Cinnabon is known for doing this at other locations too.

Pretty clever.

edit on 3/8/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join