It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zen Budhism and Nihilism: My take on things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
To me they are basically the same concept... Realising that nothing has value, everything is meaningless, everything simply is... We as humans have put names on things since the start of human society... But all these things are meaningless...

One such example of a concept that is useless is Time, what is time? Time is nothing, it is simply a waste of time trying to live your life by it, the only thing that matters is now! Think about the mental dialouge that is with you almost twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week... Imagine what life would be like without it - completely in the moment, completely aware, completely complete...

The internal dialouge we have can be broken up into 3 categories, all of which are useless, almost all of it is talking about the past or the future, the other thing we humans tend to think about are nouns...

Past: The past is simply a present moment that has already passed, and bears no relevance to what is occuring now. Everything comes and goes, nothing stays forever...

Present: This is the only concept that has any meaning at all, but once we recognise it entirely, we realise it does not exist, yet it does... It is everything and yet it is nothing...

Future: Is not the future; merely a present moment that has not yet been experienced, and therefore it is useless... Thinking of the future is like looking to the sky getting ready to catch what you think is a pebble, however once it comes time for you to catch it - you realise it was a boulder...

Nouns: Nouns are the other thing that we humans give meaning to, which is reality is meaningless... Names are the most potent of the poluters of our mind... Consider this... Is a tree, still a tree, if it doesn't have a name? If no, then what is it? You can still see a "tree", the "tree" still grows, the "tree" still casts a shadow - it still exists does it not?

Everything in this universe can be explained by identifying the fundamental principal that exists in everything... And that is, that everything simply is... Everything is nothing, and nothing is everything...

Perception is reality...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who read that, I hope it gave you a broader perspective on life... And it may seem like a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but just meditate on it and think about it... Try to go for 10 minutes without ANY internal dialouge at all... For those who don't practice meditation I think you'll be pleasently surprised...

new topics

join