It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra Exotic Materials or Just Regular Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Ultra material? Meta Material? Or just regular stuff?

Watching The Phenomenon (2020) has reignited my interest in these little bits of material floating around being touted as "meta" or "ultra" or "exotic"

You can stream the documentary here, no account needed. Documentary Mania

Around the 1:17:00 mark, we hear that Jacques Vallée has collected purported metal debris from UFO cases dating as far back as 1947. Next we see Gary Nolan, PhD Stanford, as he uses a multi parameter ion beam imager to analyze the samples right down to their individual atoms. He was astonished to find their composition was unlike any known metal.

We’re building our world with 80 elements… somebody else is building the world with 253 different isotopes.

This line stopped me in my tracks. The documentary quickly moves on from this guy… and I see why… what he says essentially means nothing and feels like a blatant distortion just to add excitement. If you knew nothing of chemistry, you might feel like this is REALLY significant!

Isotopes are variants of a particular chemical element which differ in neutron number, and consequently in nucleon number.

Isotope Facts
- All elements have isotopes.
- There are two main types of isotopes: stable and unstable (radioactive).
- There are 254 known stable isotopes.

Energy.gov

Why did they give this to a microbiologist for study? Why not a metallurgist? Could it be because all other scientists with closer related specialties found nothing spectacular about the materials?

Physicist Dr. Hal Puthoff, one of the chief scientists for the BAASS study, confirmed that he had a look at “unusual material” that was “very complex.” Puthoff implied that it was engineered by unknown means…

.. it’s more like putting together layers of various kinds of materials that you wouldn’t expect to be able to be layered, and the result at the end of the day is that it has certain unusual characteristics that you wouldn’t have predicted in advance, so that is the kind of thing that, to a physicist, is the most interesting.”

Mystery Metal Study Involved UFO Speculation

For a physicist, that’s a rather unsatisfactory answer. Once again we have a statement that really says nothing. One more short sentence could have cleared up a lot of confusion.

In this JRE podcast around the 1:36:00 mark, the discussion of these meta materials begins.

We also have materials. We’ll call them meta materials. Materials associated with UFO craft.

I was able to attain them briefly, and have 5 scientists that I knew, interrogate the samples for numerous days.

I don’t think we had access to the best equipment.

We didn’t find anything extraordinary

He goes on to explain that isotopic studies show ratios that are not of this Earth. Whole teams of people have looked at it including Jacques Vallée who is in possession of "all" of them.

Much of the released details about the material seem to be pretty easily summed up by those in the respective field of knowledge.

Dr. Chris Cogswell, PhD in Chemical Engineering stated that metals like the one being discussed “are made by mistake in metallurgy facilities all the time. The purification of lead by removing bismuth using magnesium is a perfectly reasonable explanation.” Cogswell went on to explain that similar alloys are the by product of the Betterton-Kroll Process

TTSA Paid $35k for "Exotic" Material

So… where are these materials really coming from?

In particular, the government is interested in the TTSA's ADAM Project, which a spokesperson for the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Ground Vehicle Systems Center described as “a global dragnet for the collection and evaluation of novel materials.” Last year, TTSA put out a call for individuals and organizations to submit materials from alleged exotic sources as part of the project.

“If materials represented in the TTSA ADAM project are scientifically evaluated and presented with supporting data as having military utility by the TTSA, it makes sense to look deeper here,” Halleaux said, adding that it’s also interested in a cooperative project between TTSA and a company called TruClear Global.

VICE

Does the government’s involvement add credence to there really being “exotic materials”?

The Army described it as a “low risk” partnership that is of “significant interest” to the military.

I don’t know anything about exotic materials but (there’s been) a lot of talk about it.

- Senator Harry Reid, co-creator of AATIP

Read into that what you will... seems like the Army was being opportunistic. If it's a user submitted regime, why WOULDN'T the government capitalize on free research and exploration?

But wait... there's more...

The magic seems to happen when you subject it to magnetic fields and hit it with enough terahertz it will float. Conveniently, no scientists that have come forth have had the "right" equipment.

Shoot electrons over the metal and radiate it with terahertz.

I don't wanna pretend I know that much about it.

By shooting terahertz at it, it loses mass. And then you change it's place in time with the electrons....

- Tom Delonge JRE #1029

His description seems more and more absurd as he goes on. I can't find anything anywhere that corroborates the possibility of what he states. Terahertz tech is primarily used in imaging solutions like security and X-rays.

In conclusion... I'm just not buying this whole thing yet. Everywhere you look are sketchy answers and people outside of their speciality making the claims.

I can’t help but feel we’re getting jerked around.

All this talk about exotic materials makes me want to search for other dots worth connecting...

Every year, the Earth is hit by about 6100 meteors large enough to reach the ground, or about 17 every day, research has revealed. 

Earth Hit By 17 Meteors a Day

Hiromitsu Haba, a nuclear chemist at Riken, a research institute in Japan, says that to create just three atoms of element 112 over nine years cost $3 million in electricity bills, supplies, and salaries for the technicians who ran the accelerator.

Making New Elements Doesn't Pay

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

"Why did they give this to a microbiologist for study? Why not a metallurgist? Could it be because all other scientists with closer related specialties found nothing spectacular about the materials?"

Thats the answer i think.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Remember also if they are from other reality's and use wormholes they may well come from places were the laws of physics differ or USE other places were the laws of physics differ in order to produce materials which we currently can not replicate but which once manufactures may offer exotic property's in our reality.

But coming from deeper in the galaxy were there are likely more element's than we know of available or from a far older galaxy somewhere were more supermassive stars have produced far more exotic heavy element's than we are familiar with would also provide the means to produce materials we are not capable of replicating, not so much because we can't as because we do not have those minerals but given time nuclear fusion may allow us to produce them.

oloufu

That may be subject to the materials showing biological like property's, perhaps the way they were made was even grown somehow and alien life in a sufficiently alien environment, heavy gravity world's, planets with exotic chemistry were life forms have evolved may have given rise to natural super strong materials as well as light weight materials with incredible strength, of course the biology of such a world may not be carbon based especially if it exists dimensionally displaced from our own.

edit on 22-2-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Why did they give this to a microbiologist for study? Why not a metallurgist? Could it be because all other scientists with closer related specialties found nothing spectacular about the materials?

Book sales
Movie production value
Rental returns
Convention ticket sales
Lecture fees
YouTube hits

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Sadly all too true in this world, youtube makes great revenue as to lectures and book's so for some making stuff up is a very tempting possibility.

That is were evidence is essential, there are too many that claim evidence yet never produce it only claimed results from dubious sources.

I for one believe UFO are a real phenomena, I have even seen one (Adult and will not mention childhood experience as that is subjective and open to potential false memory).

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Me too. Sadly, there are those that will exploit this phenom and people's experiences for what their own gain.

$kinwalker Ranch anyone?

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Not to take this too far off thread but to speculate about unusual property's and forms of possible stealth that may be used by possible UFO's.
www....(nolink)/pilot-says-ufo-disguised-as-single-engine-aircraft/39139
www.unexplainable.net...
The idea that we may be seeing rather a lot more UFO's than we realize and just mistaking them for our own aircraft due to them disguising themselves thus is an interesting one especially when taken into the context of the chemtrail conspiracy theory's.

Link's are a bit crap on this one but the premise is that some unidentified objects may be actively disguising themselves to appear as ordinary aircraft.

This does not mean alien it just means that perhaps some form of optical camouflage is being used or trialled perhaps even by our own military's.

But while it could simple be things like OLED wrapped around a plane fuselage to make it look like something else it could also be unknown materials or methods that are not yet available to the public, unknown materials that may therefore be just around the corner for other more down to earth uses.

OR it could be observers from somewhere else, perhaps even living somewhere right here on earth using the obviously increasingly more common sense approach of trying to blend in with our increasingly advanced aerial capability's, should this worry us or not?.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Exotic Materials and Show Business

I am a retired semiconductor process engineer. I developed processes and operated III-V semiconductor fabrication lines. I routinely used Scanning Electron Microscopes and electron beam material analysis equipment. Process engineers are generalists. We pull from a broad background of our experience, so when I see an exotic material sample upon which big theories are based, I cringe when I recognize the sample.
A couple cases in point:
I recently saw some chunks of a rounded multi layered metallic that was said to contain germanium, a semiconductor, and other materials. To me, these were accumulated deposits from a vacuum deposition chamber. The target wafer substrates are coated from a source, like an E- Beam deposition device and the materials are evaporated into the vacuum chamber. Everything gets coated. After many runs, the fixed hardware gets a buildup and must be cleaned. Many different materials can be coated in the same chamber, so layers of dissimilar materials result. An analysis of this layered scrap might suggest exotic devices, but it is just a residue of normal operations. A Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), with an X-Ray detection accessory can view and sample very thin layers of such a sample.
In metal plating tanks, electrode holding fixtures get a buildup and need to be reclaimed. These are layers of the same metal, but done in many work cycles. A tank plating operation can have fast and slow rates of plating that create variable density of deposits. These account for the layering appearance. Dissolution of raw materials or industrial scrap followed by plating, is a way to recover specific elements leaving others behind in the tank. This is a refining method.

A second Great Discovery and Theory I have come to question:
The famous Antarctic Mars rocks with small accumulations of cells preserved in the rock.
Earlier SEM’s used a high voltage (10-20 Kev) electron beam voltages to knock off secondary electrons to form the 3-D like images we know and love. When examining non-conductive materials like rocks, the primary beam electrons can’t bleed off quickly and distort the collection of the secondary electrons. In modern SEM’s bright low voltage beams are common and this ‘charging’ effect is not an issue. So, what did earlier SEM users do the to view insulators, like rocks? They coated the samples in a vacuum chamber with a few hundred Angstrom of heavy metals like Palladium/Gold . This bled off the charge and gave off a lot of secondary electron for imaging. As SEM users found out, sooner or later, if you add too much coating on poorly bonding surfaces, it smooths off the fine detail and pulls together leaving a dark little texture. I recognized the appearance of excessive coating on the Mars worms. I would need to see more samples to be sure.
So, are these exotic materials from aliens or from samples that are just alien to people outside of industry? Are unintentional alterations to an SEM sample grabbed by TV researchers unfamiliar with the details of SEM sample preparation?
I have had my share of false positives that I will not bore you with. The more you know the more your mind suggests possibilities. In our instant reporting world, this can be both embarrassing and even dangerous.

posted on Feb, 22 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: newthings

Your first case makes about 100 times more sense than all the circle talking voodoo you find when regarding these materials.

As noted in the OP...

TTSA put out a call for individuals and organizations to submit materials from alleged exotic sources as part of the project.

... so what keeps a guy like you from scraping the inside of one of those tanks and then mailing a chunk of it to TTSA. Very few people have the kind of knowledge you do, so they would likely regard it as "mysterious" or "exotic"... wouldn't take long before you had a stockpile of "exotic" metals that were largely just industrial scraps and leftovers.

This could explain the mass secrecy around these materials... quite simply... if we gave them to the professionals it would be thoroughly debunked in minutes.

So, are these exotic materials from aliens or from samples that are just alien to people outside of industry?

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Wow Space material!Almost like Meteorites!!

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   

You silly humans! You are so selfish and bound by your own world that you view all of the universe only in terms of how humans could perceive it! You talk of exotic materials with the full expectation that we would travel to your silly planet using craft which are constructed of such things. What makes you think we would travel to your planet in any kind of a craft at all??? What use would we have for such materials? To protect us? From what? We can travel beyond the speed of light, which you perceive as some magical barrier. Our construct is so far different from anything you humans could comprehend it is, how would you say, laughable.

You silly humans never cease to amuse me.

edit on 2/23/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join