It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufos or anomalies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Has anyone witnessed strange lights in the sky? I saw something very strange last night and I am curious if anyone has an explanation for it. Basically, it was two extremely bright sequential flashes that illuminated practically the entire sky. They were this deep greenish blue (almost florescent color). At first I thought it was lightning, but the flash was too long. aside from that, the second flash came from the same exact location. now, if i'm not mistaken, lightning will never strike the same place twice within five seconds of the first strike. Also, the sky was completely clear. the only weather anomaly was that it was extremely windy. After the second flash, there were two bright white streaks that I think were meteors. the only problem i'm having in believing that is the fact that they were evenly spaced, and had identical trajectories, lasting the same distance before disappearing. I am somewhat of a scientist, and I know that the odds of seeing two meteors strike the atmosphere at the same time, equal distances apart, and burn up at the same rate, is extremely rare (if it has ever happened at all). Personally, i would have thought the odds of me finding diamonds in my back yard were greater than me seeing that. It is because of this that I think it was ufo's. I am still puzzled about the flashes. if anyone wants more information, i will post some later. I guess I am kinda hopeing someone has seen something similar and can tell me what it was. thnx

join