It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mostly Uncensored Astrazeneca Agreement with EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
An interesting document was released I thought might be worth sharing on ATS. I guess the story of this is the EU accidentally released a heavily redacted pdf copy of their original agreement with Astrazeneca, some enterprising internet folks figured out how to reconstruct many of the blacked out parts using the PDF's metadata. Those parts are written in red in the document at the below link.

fragdenstaat.de...

Many of the red parts are fairly interesting as they reveal just how much and for what kinds of ridiculous things our governments are all subsidising these companies for. You can be sure other nations have similar agreements with these companies.
edit on 29/1/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You're a better man than me if you can get past the first page of that document.

Legalese always bores the tits off me.

I know it's quite important, could someone possibly give us a summary in layman's terms?

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
All this is over is the UK put their order for their vaccine a few months ago, so they've got so many million vaccines. But being as the AstraZeneca labs are in Belgium, in the EU, and the EU only just waking up to the vaccine, they want the lions share of production.
So to blackmail AstraZeneca they are proposing stopping their export licence.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

But being as the AstraZeneca labs are in Belgium, in the EU,

AstraZeneca produces in Wrexham and Oxford also.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Just another example of the EU spitting its dummy out and trying to bully and intimidate in order to get its own way.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There have been issues in the European plants, and they were demanding a share of the vaccine made in the U.K, that was intended and paid for by the U.K Government.

AZ, has advised that they will deliver within the next few days, but the E.U/E.C have threatened bar exports of vaccines from the E.U, particularly to the U.K.

That’s fine. It has shown the protectionism of the E.U and the fact that it is a bully on the international stage.

They did not want to speculate initially, but decided to when results started to look good. For all their faults, and in my opinion there are many, many faults, the U.K Government speculated at a much earlier stage.

Only a couple of days ago, the German press were making snide comments about the E.U/E.C’s management of the vaccine rollout in the E.U, and one outlet claimed that the situation was a good advert for Brexit.
edit on 29/1/21 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The EU are children. They have lost the plot.

All this business is to cover-up their woeful failure over vaccine procurement; something which the UK seems to have got right. They have essentially started a vaccine "war".

The EU are now imposing a border between the RIO and NI, something they said they would never do. I think the border should stay!

EU is going through a process of lemon-eating self-harm! Even die-hard Remainers must now question the EU's actions as being arse-faced spite.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The EU are now imposing a border between the RIO and NI, something they said they would never do

It appears they have now reversed that decession. The EU realised that was a big mistake.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

But being as the AstraZeneca labs are in Belgium, in the EU,

AstraZeneca produces in Wrexham and Oxford also.

Errr................. The Macc Lads are feeling little left out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Wowo

I read a considerable amount and this document is insane. How is this tolerable?

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The critical 'safety' parts are still blacked out.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

This is an agreement written in desperation.

Anywhere the word "reasonable" appears is an invitation to the party with the goodies to be wholly unreasonanle.

Imagine geting paid when your employer thinks its 'reasonable', like whenever that is. Would you sign that contract of employment? I suggest not.

To cut to the chase -

Page 4, para. 1.15 opens the door for Astro Z. to almost make up a number called 'cost'.

Page 11 para. 5.1 closes the door on any to EU distribution that doesn't suit Astro Z., and allows for manufacture outside of the EU (specifically) in the UK. This clause needs to be judged against the UK contract with Astro Z.

To put it politely the contract is fine, the negotiation was weak, and the lawyers probably over ruled by EU politicians who can't walk in someone elses shoes.

Shame.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Just another example of the EU spitting its dummy out and trying to bully and intimidate in order to get its own way.

Take comfort in the fact that they miss us far more than we miss them.

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Could you give us some bullet points?

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   
To think that so many Remainer-like people complained that the UK opted out of the (failed) EU vaccine scheme. To think that the UK-supported (successful) Oxford-AstraZeneca initiative would have been dropped in favour of the (now failed) French Sanofi initiative, and / or the (now failed) French Pasteur Institute vaccine initiative.

Here's the reminder of what so many Remainers complained about. They are not complaining now, are they? Well, they probably still are complaining, but not about vaccines, eh?

Letter to the EU opens in PDF

edit on 30/1/2021 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join