It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's spin???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Why do you think UFO's spin??

I think they spin because they use magnets to cause anti-gravity. I dont think it would be very hard to make if you could perfect it. I need to do some experiments. Tell me your thoughts.

Nigthwalker

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I can see them spinning for the purpose of artifical gravity. Although it may be an optical illusion also, as if it is distorted by a form of interference.

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Also, spinning provides gyroscopic stability.

I can imagine that a device which can generate negative gravity could be unstable, and require extra stability. Perhaps it's like trying to balance a ball on a larger ball, it can be done, but needs some method of stabilzation or it will fall over/off.

$0.02

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Do we have any evidence that they do in fact spin?

The description that Nikola Tesla had for his "airborne automaton", which was remarkably like a common UFO, was a discoid shaped vessel, made up of a network of polygonal metal sheets for the outer hull. Each sheet would be insulated from each other, and would be alternately energized so as to allow every other sheet to recharge between discharges. This would allow the vehicle to remain airborn and stable, while different sheets recycled.

A much better description in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Indeed, the "spinning" may be an optical illusion... if following the alternating discharge plate idea, you could set up a pattern whereby the sheets charge and discharge in series around the vehicle. Assuming that the sheet discharge produces a visible signature (and evidence is that it does), it would appear to be flashing in a circular pattern, which could create the optical illusion of the vehicle rotating.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
i dont think so
actually in never spin specially on the outer rims.
but energy from the inside rims where it is in spin motion of this craft which is fluxtuated
to the outside of the craft make it seem like this craft is
in spinning motion.so this craft create and screen energy
all around or all over it make it seem this craft becoming
spinning

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If the 'UFO' was using some alternate form of propulsion (D'stridium or other faster than light engine) the craft, to travel faster than light might dip partially in and out of another dimension. If the field produced by the engine is spinning, the ship may appear to spin. If the ship isn't using an engine based on dimensionality, it may be an intense magnetic field or gravitational field warping the light you see.

top topics

join