It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus Recipients

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

The one factor often overlooked is community charity, and what a huge role it plays in our stability. When the majority, or what was once called the middle class, was financially stable, they were generous, and took care of the less fortunate. That is why, I like to think, our poor looked wealthy in comparison to the poor in third world countries.

Even the lower middle class were generous and giving, because they were close enough to the poverty side to know how much of a difference even a small amount of anything could make to those in need.

When they shut us down, they reduced our ability to care for ourselves, and it shut down our ability to help others.
edit on 22-1-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I don't have that luxury. I have pretty much gone through my savings at this point and am relegated to SS to sustain me. The fortunate point for me is that my home is paid for, lock stock and barrel.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I have not received a 2nd stimulus. Just the first is all.

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Frankly, I'd pay 2000 to get out of wearing the face panties at this point. I fogging hate them.

Stimulus is fake rescue. Far too little far too late for those who actually needed it. It seems like a political football being run back and forth by both teams but neither side is serious about scoring.
edit on 22-1-2021 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear that and I understand . a reply to: CharlesT

In a nutshell it seems like a trickle down effect..of #. .

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The government kind of screwed up the intention of these checks; if it was to stimulate the economy then I don’t see a reason everyone shouldn’t get one, being that you’re part of our economic system, IE- you pay taxes or receive government benefits. If it’s to stimulate the economy, then people buying stuff, regardless of their financial status, would stimulate the economy.

But with the government putting a cut-off on it, it implies it’s more meant for people to get some financial relief. So is it a federal relief check or is it a economy stimulation check? There was enough talk about how the people needed it that further implied it was for relief and not to stimulate the economy.

I’ve seen some people say that $1400 or even $2000 won’t help anyone, no matter how broke you are, but that’s not true. I understand the premise, but if you’ve never had to make $50 last you 4 weeks, I wouldn’t think you’d get the idea. When you’re poor but doing what you can to not be poor, you make every penny stretch as far as it can and $2000 can put enough food in the cupboard for a couple months (Hell, my wife and I only spend about $400-450 a month on food). Like I said, I understand the premise and I think it definitely holds true for those who can’t manage their money, but I’ve had periods in my life where I’ve literally made $50 last me a month.

My wife and I both worked straight through this. Myself, by design, because I intentionally got in a career that was deemed essential. Then the same week Florida went essential only, I got a rather hefty raise that, for the first time in my life, put me in a spot where I can buy stuff without checking my bank account first. So when I got my stimulus check I could blow it on whatever I wanted. I needed a new computer for my studio so I found a guy who owns a small, 3-man business refurbishing and selling Macs and bought one. With my 2nd one for $600, I went to the only Ma and Pop music store still remaining in South Florida and bought a bunch of little things for way too damn much.

TL,DR; It’s called a stimulus, which we would be led to believe is to stimulate the economy, but is being discussed by the government as relief for people, so I suppose it’s both? If it’s just for relief, then people already receiving government benefits (without having paid into them) should be exempt. They’ve already got relief. If you paid into SS/unemployment, I have no problem with you receiving the money.

My mom, when I was still speaking to her, asked me last Spring if she was getting the $1200 and before I could answer, unloaded a mouthful of horsesh*t about how she deserved it because she can’t work and it’s not her fault. This is a woman who divorced her own husband because the state found out she was married and living with him while he was working and was going to reduce her welfare checks. Of course, they still stayed married, but it goes to show the lack of principal. My entire life she scammed and lied her way into getting more of or staying on the government nipple. She worked for 3 hours in a Burger King once and quit because her shoulder hurt from opening the microwave. The laziest human I’ve ever met in my life. The only thing she deserves is to be left to her own devices to provide for herself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join