It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Positive Personal Trainer (Ryan Long)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Because the best shape ... is round.

How to get your exercise in without being fat shamed. First do some mean curls lifting those big macs up to your mouth. Then, pretend to do some heavy work in the gym with your body positive personal trainer.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Big diet

I like what this guys is pointing out.

On another note.
When I was a young girl we loved McDonald’s. It was a rare treat. It was so delicious. The fries were fried in beef tallow, and the apple pies were too. Those were the best fries in the world! The burgers were so good too. Everyone was skinny then. The sodas were tiny compared to today.

Now the burger and fries are “healthier” and so many people are overweight.

I can no longer stomach anything from there, it does not even taste like real food to me. The hash browns are the worst, taste like pure poison.
edit on 18-1-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Honestly, I've never liked fast food burgers and fries from anywhere. I used to dread bus trips because I knew we'd always, always stop at McD's and I'd more or less go hungry.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Big diet

I like what this guys is pointing out.

On another note.
When I was a young girl we loved McDonald’s. It was a rare treat. It was so delicious. The fries were fried in beef tallow, and the apple pies were too. Those were the best fries in the world! The burgers were so good too. Everyone was skinny then. The sodas were tiny compared to today.

Now the burger and fries are “healthier” and so many people are overweight.

I can no longer stomach anything from there, it does not even taste like real food to me. The hash browns are the worst, taste like pure poison.

Way back in 76 my older sister worked at McDonald's at the time I was 11 years old. Back then you could get free food if you worked there, well she only liked the fries and she would always bring home a Big Mac, did this for the whole summer. LOL so my brother would get them one day and I'd get it the next. And yes we tried splitting them one day but we decided it was better to have the whole thing, LOL thing was we never got fat hell I was skinny as a rail till after high school.

But yea McDonald's sucks now as you said even the fries, so much so we don't eat there. Now Chic Fila can be a different matter.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Times were different when we were kid too.

If you were like me, mom kicked me out of the house pretty early in the day with instructions not to come back until supper or dark, and there was a pack of us in the neighborhood that more or less ran it all summer long. No one was reporting you for letting your kids free range then, and we ranged all over as a group.

What's a few hundred calories when you're on your bike for several hours every day?

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I just watched this about 15 minutes ago, it was the intro to today's we are change video. It was pretty funny, though I could see this being an actual thing in today's world of feelings being the most important and only thing that matters.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

If the remade Dodgeball today, this is what Average Joe's gym would be full of.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It was like that in the 90s, too. No mobile phones yet, not for us kids, though. They were huge, a friend's father had one with a three foot long pull out style antenna, in the shape of a common telephone....thing. The thing that you hung into the forks, when they still had wires and a dialing disk.

We would be in the woods, at the lake or the old ghost house. Church bell and sun told us the time, a friend hat a g-shock watch with a digital display but it broke when we were playing wooden sword fights. I always had to be the princes to be saved but often they had more trouble with me, than those that tried rescuing me.

Ripped jeans were a side effect, not a fashion statement. It didn't took long then it became one, about 2002 or something. Compared to today, we were savages.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

We had something called "Völkerball". You know where I am from I think...

It's translated "folk-ball" or "tribe-ball". Playing field was divided into two sections, with a second ring around it.

Rule 1: Decimate the other nation/tribe by hitting them with a ball.
Rule 2: If hit, you go to the enemies playing field's outer ring and be the hunter, after a short waiting time.

What a thrill! Surrounded by people who's only goal for that second is to hit you with a rather hard ball. It would bounce to face height, too, if smashed to the floor. This would keep us on our toes and was a lesson how to make roll jumps and other evading moves without hurting, on the hard floor. Sometimes we got bruises but nobody complained. We weren't forced to participate though.

Then the PC helicopter parents or media, I do not remember, did away with it when I left for college. I guess the sports arena is now used for knitting.

top topics

join