It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is going to countdown for new years at home? 2021.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So it looks like New years eve gathering is cancelled this year, so they say. Who is really going to do the count down at home or live chat?
edit on 29-12-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I do every year...
Actually I don't think I've watched the ball drop in several years...

On a side note for those that have never been to time square.. That ball isn't as big as it looks on tv.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's probably been twenty years since we were not home for the countdown. That isn't changing for the foreseeable future. As much as I like being around people dressed up for the occasion, there is always the hassle of driving home, potentially being creamed by a drunk driver. No thanks.

We used to spend NYE at the bowling alley, it was a lot of fun but that was then.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Heading to Harbor Springs, MI tonight. We have friends that own a condo up there near the ski resort. Just going to ski, hang out, play cards and have some drinks.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We were going to and then travel the next day to parents' for family Christmas.

However, there is a Winter Storm projected to dump snow, sleet, freezing rain all along our travel route Friday, so it appears we will be traveling on Thursday evening to attempt to avoid the headache of driving on ice. It's either that or wait and hope the roads are good Saturday morning early.

So we may end up counting down or something out there.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Do you mean the Time Square count down?

parade.com...

The countdown to the New Year is officially on. To celebrate New Year’s Eve and the coming of a new decade, NBC’s Carson Daly, ABC’s Ryan Seacrest and Steve Harvey for FOX will ring in 2020 live from the center of all the action, Times Square, with an array of musical performances from chart-topping artists.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In previous years I never cared if I slept through it or stayed up to watch the Ball drop.
This year have been invited to celebrate with friends and I can't wait to see this year go bye bye no matter what 2021 brings.
🍸🎉

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
For the first time in about twenty years, my wife and I have no place to go on New Years Eve. Most public party’s in my town have been suspended. International travel is a joke and my friends are afraid to gather in large groups. I suppose we could crack open that bottle of Krug NV that I have been hoarding, and enjoy it in the hot tube.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I haven’t gone out for New Year’s Eve in over a decade.

In leu of that, I will be going out and partying till well past midnight this year. Touching as many people as possible. Some kisses sound nice too.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am.

A Christmas present came very late for my daughter.

We are having a new years party. Cuz this year sucked.

I want her present. And she knows it. I'm looking forward to 2021.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
For the first time in about twenty years, my wife and I have no place to go on New Years Eve. Most public party’s in my town have been suspended. International travel is a joke and my friends are afraid to gather in large groups. I suppose we could crack open that bottle of Krug NV that I have been hoarding, and enjoy it in the hot tube.

Excellent call. As of right now I’m assembling a hot tub and about to grab some bubbly all for myself. Fat doobs from my Black Lemon “Christmas tree” and some funky blues to roll in the new year and strike this year and it’s toll as done!

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
I am.

PS5?

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I come from a big family. My mother never felt comfortable about having her children on the street on New Year's Eve, so we started a family tradition of gathering at home, doing the countdown, and clinking champagne glass at midnight.

Only change is that this year it will only be immediate family and close neighbors. No distance family, or adopted family this year.

I am working anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Im too old for that snip now.

I bet there are a lot of peeps regretting ringing in 2020.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

originally posted by: Gnawledge
I am.

PS5?

No, I'm not that amazing, lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The wife and I are hosting a small get together with some close friends, like we do every year.
In years past we have had some real blowouts, 4 or 5 years ago we had like 50 people here for New Year’s but not this year.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

So it looks like New years eve gathering is cancelled this year, so they say. Who is really going to do the count down at home or live chat?

I won't be staying home. But, since my band can't book a New Year's Eve gig this year, we're all getting together at the drummer's house and just jamming for us and some friends. It sucks! I could have made some real good money at a New Year's gig.

TCB

Edit to add:
For those of you who like going out on New Year's Eve and wearing party hats, drinking champagne and listening to a live band and you won't get to do that this year, here's something for you. It's a gig one of my old bands played on New Year's Eve 1990, at the Albion, Illinois Moose Lodge. There's crowds, horns, fun and 3 hours worth of music. Even the countdown and Auld Lang Syne:

Hot Ice - Live at the Albion Moose on December 31st, 1990

Enjoy.
edit on 29-12-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: Added a link.

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Always at home. Before everyone had kids, it was a party at someone's home, usually mine. We went out to a bar once and it was every bit of Amateur Night we expected. Never again will I do New Year's Eve outside of a private home.

I'll add - since having children, New Years Eve & Day have become mostly about food. I'll have a couple of beverages, usually a selection of my finest acquisitions from the year. A high-end craft beer or two, maybe a special bourbon. And a bloody mary New Years Day morning that's more meal than drink

edit on 12/30/2020 by dogstar23 because: Added stuff

top topics

join