It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Boys Step Into The Big South To Save the Day (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Terri Schiavio has touched the hearts of the nation with her feeding tube dispute between her husband and her family. From court to court the decisions have been made, but she still hold on to her life. Now the fight has come to the door step of Congress and the Supreme Court, bringing forth another Right to Life issue.

apnews.myway.com
As part of the last-minute flurry of activity, Congress was considering legislation to keep the feeding tube in place, Schiavo's parents appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court, and the Florida judge who approved the withdrawal of food and water denied a request from the state to keep the woman alive. The state appealed that decision to the Florida Supreme Court, which promptly dismissed it.

"Everything is a longshot," said David Gibbs, attorney for Schiavo's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler.

Schiavo suffered severe brain damage in 1990 when her heart stopped because of a chemical imbalance, and court-appointed doctors say she is in a persistent vegetative state. Her husband, Michael Schiavo, says she told him she would not want to be kept alive artificially. Her parents dispute that, and say she could get better.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Where have the days gone where people were allowed to live in peace. If I were Mrs. Schiavo, I would have put on that I would never be held on life support for more that 1 month. Though we know not what she is feeling, if she is alive, somewhere inside, imagine the mental torment to be able to only move one's eyes. This issue is a state issue if it should involve anyone. This "Washington Intervention" proves again how though I agree with some points of Right to Life issues, it is not my place to say what others can and cannot do. Federal law is overstepping its congressional boundaries and no one cares to stop it. God Save America!

join