It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I remember an article in Wired magazine a few years back titled "savant for a day". It was about Allan Snyder experimenting with a technology called transcranial magnetic stimulation. Basically they put a crazy looking cap with electrodes on it on your head and stimulate parts of the brain with tiny magnetic pulses. I was wondering what other people know about it?

Here is a link to a different story about TMS and Allan Snyder from Wired:

www.wired.com...

Here is another link I found to the International Society for Transcranial Stimulation

www.ists.unibe.ch...

I think a combination of TMS or a similair technology and brain imaging will lead to some amazing things some day. I think itwould be a wierd expierence toundergo TMS. I know the military/govt must be interested in the idea so they could incorporate it into helmets for super soldiers, pilots, sailors etc...

apc

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

believe they felt the presence of God, or some similar mystical experience.

Im guessing a cross study between TMS and the pharmacology of '___' will yield some interesting similarities. The effects of '___' (dimethyltryptamine) on the central nervous system would be an even greater comparison.
I state this because all three directly mani[p]ulate higher and lower level brain function producing very similar effects and perceptions.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by apc]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I remember eading about this in new scientist magazine here i have just found the article but u have to pay to read the rest of it:

www.newscientist.com...

I threw the magazine away otherwise i could have scanned it and pasted oh well i am sure there is more articles out there, try scientific america i dont think u have to pay for their stuff but i am not sure.

new topics

join