It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Creepiest, Most Surveillance-Prone Digital Devices Released - Do You Own One?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Mozilla Foundation has released its annual “Privacy Not Included” buyer’s guide. Of the more than 130 products Mozilla researchers evaluated, most Amazon and Facebook gadgets fall into the “super creepy” category, with Facebook’s Portal and Oculus Quest 2 VR headset, Amazon’s Echo Show and Echo Dot smart devices, Amazon Halo fitness tracker, as well as Amazon-owned Ring’s security cams and doorbells sitting among the worst on the list. Of the Amazon products Mozilla included, only the Kindle and Echo Buds were found to meet acceptable privacy standards.

foundation.mozilla.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Add Mac OS BIG SUR.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me if the new consoles are included. I looked at some of their ToS for doing the monthly billing payment and it sounds shady as hell through third party.

Edit: Looks like the PS5 is recording any and all party chat to be cataloged.
edit on 11/13/2020 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Aside from our PCs I will never have a "smart" device in my home willingly. I don't want or need the convenience of some of those and I certainly won't allow any service like Alexa into my home.

I disabled voice activated crap on my phone and don't have Bluetooth or any location service turned on. If they want more than pings from cell towers from me they're not getting it.
edit on 13-11-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

top topics

join