It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Facebook tattle on my Aunt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So a few days ago a notification pops up on my phone saying my Aunt updated her status (it was in my email). When I clicked on it, it was where she posted

"Screw Biden I’d be Ashamed to call him a President he will never be my president such an EMBARRASSMENT to The United States OUR COUNTRY"

The weird part is, is that I never get these email notifications from Facebook. So I cant help but wander if Facebook is telling on Trump supporters now? Making sure all of their followers know who they voted for? Luckily, I doubt if her employee cares. We live in Tennessee, so I doubt if she will get punished.

Has anyone else seen this type of thing, or am I being paranoid.

PS, I took screenshots of both the email and post, but my phone won't let me post images on this site, so ...
edit on 11-11-2020 by AnonymousNutjob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
They are compiling lists of Trump supporters, for reparations.

Ask the "squad"... AOC and her comrades, are out for blood...

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Hope they did not miss me here in Australia. Screw Biden.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Email and alerts of posts are normal unless you specifically shut them off. As for AOC, I twatted her back telling her to add me. Crazy commie going full nazi while her leader is calling for unity. What a joke. We know who these people are. Wolves in sheep clothing at best.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousNutjob

Okay, family meeting.

Either Facebook and big tech are censoring conservatives or they're sending their posts to everybody.

You can only pick one.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Mark Zuckerberg allegedly paid out $350 million dollars to election judges soooooooooooo, he has a lot riding on Biden don't ya know.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Okay, family meeting.

Either Facebook and big tech are censoring conservatives or they're sending their posts to everybody.

You can only pick one.

Not really... With your comment in mind, the OP is saying they are sending posts to identify/shame Trump voters. The alleged censorship has been around conservatives spreading truth/knowledge.

This fashion of labelling something black or white is really messing with people's power of analysis.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Ask the "squad"... AOC and her comrades, are out for blood...

And they’re going to round them up and put them in FEMA camps.

Check your letter box, you may have already been tagged.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Okay, family meeting.

You can only pick one.

Not really... With your comment in mind, the OP is saying they are sending posts to identify/shame Trump voters. The alleged censorship has been around conservatives spreading truth/knowledge.

This fashion of labelling something black or white is really messing with people's power of analysis.

Facebook is sending notifications to friends on Facebook. This isn't a bug or a secret shaming program, it's a feature of the actual product.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

If your Aunt didn't donate to Democrats, Zuckerberg wants her off of Facebook.

Mark Zuckerberg gave election judges $350 Million dollars to "do the right thing" on election day.

Source: thedailycoin.org...

Every Facebook user must send at least a few dollars, or Zuckerberg/Facebook will deliver increasingly severe "glitches" to your FB account.

edit on 11/11/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 20Eyes1974
Email and alerts of posts are normal unless you specifically shut them off. As for AOC, I twatted her back telling her to add me. Crazy commie going full nazi while her leader is calling for unity. What a joke. We know who these people are. Wolves in sheep clothing at best.

My Mother is pretty hardcore to the left but when I told her about "ze lists" her jaw dropped.

I think that says it all.
edit on 11112020 by Wide-Eyes because: Auto correct can suck my balls

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Listen. It's obvious.

Hover over link, don't open. Somewhere in that hovered link is something outta place. You'll know.

Ex: [email protected]. Flower...whatever

PS anyone can email you anything from anywhere as someone else. Even s a family member.

edit on 11-11-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 20Eyes1974

I did too, but my account got suspended. Apparently I'm not powerful enough to get away with it like her. Screw Twitter. Hope they suspend me indefinitely.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Why not both? Send them to everyone so you get reported by someone, then censored.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Okay, family meeting.

You can only pick one.

Is it not the same thing here?

If the only notification you get via text is a link to someone with a political message negative towards Biden, is that not an attempt to strong arm into silence?

I get where you are coming from...but it seems that where you are coming from has a predetermined outlook. which is ok...its your opinion and you are entitled to it. But your argument seems to be missing the point.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: 20Eyes1974

My Mother is pretty hardcore to the left but when I told her about "ze lists" her jaw dropped.

I think that says it all.

My mom leans heavily to the right. She just doesn't want to live long enough to see America change fundamentally. But nothing surprises her anymore.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Okay, family meeting.

You can only pick one.

I get where you are coming from...but it seems that where you are coming from has a predetermined outlook. which is ok...its your opinion and you are entitled to it. But your argument seems to be missing the point.

I've been following the topic for a long time. I have loathed Zuckerberg for even longer.

I'm not saying this couldn't happen, but based on what I know it isn't. My post was a joke, but my opinion is based on a fair bit of background information and some decent sources on the topic. Unless this person was one of the first they deployed this kind of operation on I'd most likely already know about it.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Okay, family meeting.

You can only pick one.

Facebook is sending notifications to friends on Facebook. This isn't a bug or a secret shaming program, it's a feature of the actual product.

You are 100% correct.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Or perhaps your Aunt updated her settings. Or you inadvertently changed yours to get email notifications.

Tinfoil hat time...

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Facebook's notification system has changed/evolved within the last year. My girlfriend and I were discussing this just last night. You used to be able to earmark a person's profile (friend) and get notifications when they posted something. Same with family. This has been seemingly removed. I do recall the "notify via email" feature existed for some time as my mother would get a message whenever I uploaded a picture or created a post.

top topics

join