It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Generation of Protest Songs ---CV and Lockdowns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
In the spirit of Bod Dylan and Woody Guthrie, a new generation of protest songs are arriving from none other than Van Morrison.
These songs are aimed at the China-flu and lockdowns.
I'm curious to hear these songs, and applaud him for taking on subjects like these. In spite of the official condemnation.

www.bbc.com...

"I call on my fellow singers, musicians, writers, producers, promoters and others in the industry to fight with me on this. Come forward, stand up, fight the pseudoscience and speak up."

In a statement announcing the songs, the musician said: "I'm not telling people what to do or think, the government is doing a great job of that already.

"It's about freedom of choice, I believe people should have the right to think for themselves."

edit on Mon Sep 21 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Music has always been about fighting the good fight against oppression. One of my favorites from one of my favorite rap artists, which seems oddly prophetic:
"Yeah, it's only gonna be about a second, boy
Till they take away all of this country,
And they'll tell you not to listen
To this here song.

And that far off sound of freedom's
Gonna be an echo from the past,
And the final tune is
Gonna be sad and long.
"

While I was searching for that one, I found this one as well... C. W.'s second conspiracy song, very rare. I don't think it was ever released on any of his albums, only as a single that got buried. Of course, I have a copy...

I'll be watching for Sir Van's songs.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

This is excellent. Every time I hear someone complain about musicians interjecting politics or social commentary, I want to backhand slap them and superglue noise canceling headphones to their ears.

Why would artists not express political/social opinions? I just don't get it. Looking forward to checking these out!

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I would argue in Morrison's favor.
Scientific facts can't tell us whether or not someone is purposefully
spreading a virus to keep us in lock down. Why wasn't one death to
much when it was just the regular flu?

Anyone who doesn't see the lock downs for what they are is a fool.

edit on 22-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23
Lol.
Really.
Agree with their music or not, musicians have protested in their songs for generations, probably as long as there has been music......

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If anyone thinks that Woody wouldn't still be raging against the vile american government, they have completely missed his point.

new topics

top topics

join