It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Quantum Cryptography?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I thought that I would just drop this one here and hide behind the curtain for a while. As for trying to explain what she says , honestly , I feel that you need to watch this if you like quantum computers and love to have your brain broken from time to time. Basically she talks about entanglements in a way that is easy to understand and practical for encryption while explaining the physics behind QMs and stuff.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-9-2020 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A nice description from Sabine Hossenfelder. I like her videos - they're to the point and explained very well.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Complicated would be my guess.

Although none the less interesting.
edit on 20-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
I thought that I would just drop this one here and hide behind the curtain for a while. As for trying to explain what she says , honestly , I feel that you need to watch this if you like quantum computers and love to have your brain broken from time to time. Basically she talks about entanglements in a way that is easy to understand and practical for encryption while explaining the physics behind QMs and stuff.
www.youtube.com...
You've been here 12 years and still haven't figured out how to embed a video?

No problem, Phantom423 did it for you.

originally posted by: Phantom423
A nice description from Sabine Hossenfelder. I like her videos - they're to the point and explained very well.

She must be desperate for funding to be recommending NordVPN though, saying it "keeps you safe" when they are one of the many VPNs that use servers in datacenters they don't directly control. Shortly after she made that video, it became known that NordVPN was hacked. NordVPN blamed the datacenter and the datacenter blamed NordVPN, saying

NordVPN Hack: Truths You Need To Know

“Yes, we can confirm they were our clients,” Viskari continued. “And they had a problem with their security because they did not take care of it themselves.”

So if I was her, I would have removed that video with the NordVPN recommendation if I could, after I found out they were hacked, but if she really knew security then she would know that you can't have security at a datacenter which you don't control, you're at the mercy of the datacenter. Some VPNs only use their own servers, which they should be able to control, but many do not and use servers at datacenters they can't directly control. This disparity has also been at the heart of some of the "logs versus no-logs discrepancies" when VPNs claim they "keep no logs" but they weren't aware that the datacenter was logging everything without their knowledge.

Aside from that mistake though, she did give a reasonable explanation of quantum cryptography.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Well I guess everyone tries to make money on YouTube, scientists included. Lex Fridman also has sponsors for things like a fake cereal product. Looks like NORD could use a good crypto person on their team.

posted on Sep, 23 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Geee Thanks for the tip there guy. Any advice on how to add a Utube Video that's been set on a channel ? Because lots of us seem to be having a problem with that. a reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Geee Thanks for the tip there guy. Any advice on how to add a Utube Video that's been set on a channel ? Because lots of us seem to be having a problem with that. a reply to: Arbitrageur
I thought I already gave you the tip when I said "No problem, Phantom423 did it for you." so I assumed you could just check how Phantom423 did it, but it seems you need more specific reference than that. OK.

Click the "quote" button on your opening post.
Make a note of what appears between the tags of your embedded video:
fLJ9mvTS68Y&ab_channel=SabineHossenfelder

Next, click the "quote" button on Phantom423's post with the embedded video.
Make a note of what appears between the tags of the embedded video:
fLJ9mvTS68Y

See the difference? You apparently copied and pasted everything after the v= which is not what the youtube embedding script instructions say to do, those say "please enter the youtube video number". Phantom423 followed those instructions, and just entered the number, and not everything that came after it, that's why her embedded video works. When you see this "Ampersand" symbol "&", it means "and", which means that and what follows it is not part of the number, so the number is what is between the equals sign of v=, and the & symbol (if something appears after the number, which sometimes happens and sometimes there's nothing after the number). Sometimes there are even multiple ampersand symbols with multiple strings after the video number.

I hope that helps but feel free to ask for clarification if needed.

edit on 2020924 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Cool thanks for that ! I have never been one to read the directions. a reply to: Arbitrageur

new topics

top topics

join