It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How You Doin? Phone, Internet and Power Outages Accross USA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Your probably interconnected to the New York City grid. I am just guessing. 1000's are still without power after the tropical storm hit. My brother said Western New York Internet and phone is all over the place and sometimes on at random and then it cuts out.

He made a comment that our mom tried calling him three times on Tuesday but his cell phone never rang. Where I live that's a daily occurrence for me. Same for text messaging. I am paying around $50 month for Boost. Its no better than Virgin Mobile at $35 a month. Both are terrible.
edit on 13-8-2020 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Your probably interconnected to the New York City grid.

I'm sending this message via smoke signals.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Here in Connecticut there are still pockets of ISP outages that are 1 week and counting since the storm went through. Sounds like not much communication from the main "high speed" vendor (Optimum) about when everyone should expect full service restored across the area. Then again, there were many many folks just getting power restored over the past few days, so that is obviously a primary concern and is/has been masking the issues of those who "only" lost Internet.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join