It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't like to sleep anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So my dreams have been getting more and more "realistic". I'm sure it's just my subconscious reacting to my daily life but something odd happened the other day. I was dreaming, but I wasn't dreaming.

My eyes weren't closed yet and bam, straight into a dream. I interact with it like usual, but I woke up. Every time I tried to do anything in real life, I would immediately go back to sleep and another crazy dream would happen. Until the last 'dream'. I'm driving along in a normal car. But there's this readout with numbers that I was fiddling with and for some reason, it was very dire that I get the right numbers or I would keep repeating my surrealistic nightmares.

I finally woke up and could move again. Now I don't like to fall asleep anymore. I can only hope to get intoxicated enough that I don't remember my dreams in the morning.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27
I can only hope to get intoxicated enough that I don't remember my dreams in the morning.

Drinking disturbs your sleep. If you stay drunk (passed out) the whole time you're supposed to be sleeping ... it's no wonder you're having problems during the day.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
im sure this is a normal condition, but i sense a level of anxiety that makes you feel uncomfortable and moves you in a bad mood where things get scary.
try a relaxing program the hours before going to sleep
it's all good.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

.....I'm driving along in a normal car. But there's this readout with numbers that I was fiddling with and for some reason, it was very dire that I get the right numbers or I would keep repeating my surrealistic nightmares.

It was a normal car, that's why the numbers on the dial were useless.

You need a Delorean.

And a charged flux capacitor.

And enough road to do 88mph.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

I can only hope to get intoxicated enough that I don't remember my dreams in the morning.

I drink coffee all day long, right up to bedtime.

Works for me. I only remember about one dream a week that way.

But yeah, those serial type dreams! Sometimes you just gotta ride it out.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I know how you feel, but then the drinking gets out of control and you have no good sleep anymore...

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Change your sleep hours.
Dunno what time of night this all kicks off but here crap jumps off between 1am & 3am. By going to sleep much earlier an getting up at 3am it seems to foil any dreamtime messing about.

Drinkng doesn't help anything.
Hate to say it but you need to be pro-active in jerking things around for yourself so that your life goes the way you want it too. If getting up earlier doesn't float your boat get a camera for your bedroom an see if anything else is going on. Another cheaper option is a "clapper" for your bedroom lamp. A friend did it an by having a light snap on it roused them enough to stop the dream cycles that were bothering them.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I finally woke up and could move again. Now I don't like to fall asleep anymore. I can only hope to get intoxicated enough that I don't remember my dreams in the morning.

For most of my childhood I had horrible nightmares almost every night. I got to that point where I was afraid to go to sleep. I found out what worked for me was to give myself a kind of post-hypnotic suggestion (which I didn't understand I was doing at the time because I was just a kid). I would whisper to my self out loud, "no dreams" as I was lying in bed. And sure enough, pretty quickly, I stopped having nightmares. Which was great. Over the years, I slowly allowed myself to have more dreams, and they weren't all nightmares like they were before. Which was also great.

I don't know if it will help for you like it did for me. But you might want to explore it, or possibly get yourself a talisman to focus on for a moment before you go to sleep. An amulet, possibly, or an actual dream catcher. Convince your brain that it will help, and because brains are they way they are, it might help.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Cause and effect right there. Pretty obvious.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

don't take this wrong, but in your younger years, did you ever do that drug that makes things seem a bit strange? the one you eat paper to get high with? I only ask as I heard about how flashbacks can happen years later from that. I'm not trying to start any trouble, I hope that can be discussed here.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

For most of my childhood I had horrible nightmares almost every night. I got to that point where I was afraid to go to sleep. I found out what worked for me was to give myself a kind of post-hypnotic suggestion (which I didn't understand I was doing at the time because I was just a kid). I would whisper to my self out loud, "no dreams" as I was lying in bed. And sure enough, pretty quickly, I stopped having nightmares. Which was great. Over the years, I slowly allowed myself to have more dreams, and they weren't all nightmares like they were before. Which was also great.

I don't know if it will help for you like it did for me. But you might want to explore it, or possibly get yourself a talisman to focus on for a moment before you go to sleep. An amulet, possibly, or an actual dream catcher. Convince your brain that it will help, and because brains are they way they are, it might help.

be careful of the dreams where they tell you it's OK to pee. It's not. It's a trap.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Get off the booze. Its a poison.
What else is going on in your waking life, anxiety, depression, recent trauma, relationship breakup?

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

"Roads?

Where we're going we don't need

~flips down futuristic sunglasses~

roads."

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It is a kind of lie to scare the kids from not trying LDS (not the religion!). About 1/20 experience the psychonaut effects without being close to being high but you cannot rule out prexisting conditions (or a “fear placebo” effect where “things go weird and then you think it is because you had Gorby at a rave 20 years ago”, type thing. Then every weird thing is tagged with your wayward youth imbibage).

About 1/20 users of any drug will have issues with it so that doesn’t come close to explaining all the strangeness people tend to to have.

And according to the following link, the flashback studies followed chronic users and not the once on a dare I took a half hit type of (typical) usage (of most drugs by risk taking at use young, hippie types!)

www.popsci.com...

Alcohol really interrupts R.E.M. sleep which is where you need to stay for a while. So, alcohol is not a solution but a crutch! (Bart: ‘No! It is not a crutch!! It is just something I use day to day to get through life!!’ lol!)

The only real solution is to confront your Feddy in Dreamscape Land!

Become a Lucid Dreamer, Warrior, and fight back!!

In reality, it is usually an anxiety that makes your brain create scenarios to try to deal with them while sleeping.

@OP, go back to sober sleep! Then, when rested, go back to dreamscape and face it down.

That is your first step onto a wider path!!

With the lights down
It’s less dangerous...

new topics

top topics

join