It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbnb Now Opt-Ins Your Name & Photo to Data Sharing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So I wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this, or even something ATS worthy but it seemed worth bringing to people's attention. It seems airbnb has sent out an email explaining how your photograph and information will be opted in automatically for shareing for the purposes of preventing discrimination. You're capable of opting out, but the process isn't obvious and none of this was made public on airbnb's website, it was only communicated via email.

news.ycombinator.com...

Project Lighthouse

If you leave this setting turned on, you’re helping us identify and prevent discrimination from happening on Airbnb—and you’re taking part in an initiative to better understand how and where discrimination happens on platforms like ours. If you turn this setting off, we won’t use your information, and we’ll remove it from future studies. You can change your mind at any time.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Besides the obvious victim class that is again given a platform and mechanisms to play the race card... I now announce my prediction that soon it will be discriminating to turn away potential renters that lack the financial background.

Because we're all kumba ya and everyone lives from farewell anyways. I have to say, this SJW PC BS is taking off pretty fast now, each day.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Not surprising

Almost every single company automatically ops you in everything.

That really should be illegal. That's like buying a burger and they instantly opt you in to record your bedroom antics.

"But you have to read the small print". Not everyone's a lawyer. It's pathetic! I hate where the digital age has 'opted in'.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Kinda weird, I only signed up for Airbnb just today. It did display the option to say yes or no and explained the reasons. I said yes and I don't know why 😐. Might have to go back and change that!

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

If you opted in for automatic data sharing of any kind, you're not awake yet.
Your screen name is misleading.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt
a reply to: FinallyAwake

If you opted in for automatic data sharing of any kind, you're not awake yet.
Your screen name is misleading.

That's tough to argue against lol 👍🏼
Moment of madness I guess. I remedied it immediately anyway.

However I chose that name because I finally became aware of my ignorance (some years back now).

I don't want to be ignorant like my family.

top topics

join