It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you subdue a handcuffed man?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You mean hitting a man when he down, pretty easy. Subduing them without hurting them and get hurt in the process, pretty hard.
edit on 9-6-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88
How hard is it to leg sweep a guy with cuffs behind his back. If the situation is that bad, seems pretty easy option.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Specimen88
How hard is it to leg sweep a guy with cuffs behind his back. If the situation is that bad, seems pretty easy option.

Officer Johnny Lawrence, reporting for duty?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It does work, especially if your hands are tied.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yea but that would make the pavement the suspect, and I dont think it can testify due to a lack of mental awareness.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am 54 and would last at most 30 seconds against someone fighting me in any manner . But if i was a officer i do have access to a tazer which far as i can see from videos puts any Man down shaking and shuddering .
But assuming a tazer is not enough i also have pepper spray and again even the biggest man will be crying his eyes out .

Ps have been tazed with the ones bought from wale world for fun and cheep low volts as they are herts like heck lol .

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
one last point a 64 year old women kicks a man any man in the nuts unlike the movies he will be curled up in a fetial possion puking his guts up lol
there is a youtube video of some crazy asian chick who looks around 60 chasing a gun man out or her convenience store with a broom dont underestimate old ladys
edit on 9-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Not the case with the current crop of sparks that started this fire, but I will say that there isn't an automatic universal approach that's 100% effective. I'm sure all of us have heard the stories or even seen the videos of somebody on some manner of drug that makes them almost a "must kill to stop" situation for any officer involved. Some of these dudes strung out on bath salts or meth literally don't appear to feel pain, whether its electricity, pepper spray, or physical impact.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hi burd pain has NOTHING to do in of its self being tazed yea it hert But it ALSO short circits your nervics system no drug can stop that even though tazing your self from time to time helps build up resistance to tazed

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
I am 54 and would last at most 30 seconds against someone fighting me in any manner . But if i was a officer i do have access to a tazer which far as i can see from videos puts any Man down shaking and shuddering .
But assuming a tazer is not enough i also have pepper spray and again even the biggest man will be crying his eyes out .

Ps have been tazed with the ones bought from wale world for fun and cheep low volts as they are herts like heck lol .

one last point a 64 year old women kicks a man any man in the nuts unlike the movies he will be curled up in a fetial possion puking his guts up lol
there is a youtube video of some crazy asian chick who looks around 60 chasing a gun man out or her convenience store with a broom dont underestimate old ladys

Dude your life is like a 54 year long episode of the TV show Jackass.

I am sure it is very hard to take a big guy down even if he is in handcuffs. A taser may have not worked since he was jacked up on Meth, but a good stiff kick to the nuts by a 64 year old woman probably would have worked.

Maybe as part of the new police reforms cops can start carrying 64 year old women with a penchant for nut kicking around in a backpack. You know just a bigger version of the ones you carry your kids around in when you go for a hike.
edit on 9-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Hi burd pain has NOTHING to do in of its self being tazed yea it hert But it ALSO short circits your nervics system no drug can stop that even though tazing your self from time to time helps build up resistance to tazed

One of my friends, now passed. Was tazed, don't know over what, but one of the cops had his hand on my friend, that cop ended up taking the hit.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
George Floyd fought for 3 minutes outside the police car while handcuffed .

After being put inside the car, he fought the police there also, according to body cam footage.

Newly released video: twitter.com...

I didint see any fighting in that video?
He fell against the cop car and then in the police car , god know what?
Why didn't they just slam the door?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Bloodworth

yes - i could - but my methods would offend and outrage " someone "

my response is simples - if he didnt need subdueing - he would not have to be subdued

it really is that simple

The bigger question is when do you stop, when is the struggle over, when do you deescalate the situation once it is done. Floyd was long done and subdued well before he died... He was most likely done within seconds on the ground much less almost 9 mins later.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
mrindeer i am sure you know alot of jackasses
But yea I am a jackass just like every one a jackass to even be replying to post like these in which people like you make statements so absurd ( like jackass when a person points out tazers work for stopping people who are violent .
or that tazer will work just as well on a drugged person as a non person because Electricity shorts out nerves that need electrical impulses to work at all .
yea mite as well collect all the tazers after all Im a jack ass saying they work your the jackass saying they dont and yet every cop has one

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
a reply to: one4all

I wrestled a few years in HS, and I rolled jits until I hurt my neck, and was about a blue belt. I am 6' 200lbs (not fat but not shredded anymore either), and I know there is no way any normal man (I am discounting running into The Mountain from GoT) could subdue me by himself without getting seriously injured, trying to stick me into a claustrophobic area.

Then you feed me some amphetamine, and it's game over. I'd be gone, and they'd be clutching their balls and trying to stop the bleeding form their nose, lol. I think you are underestimating how strong people can be, and how animalistic when they don't want be forced to do something.

Im old now but rocked it on the Oilfield Drilling Rigs @ 200 lbs at 5'7.....not fat and not shredded either...Most Outstanding Male Athlete in my High School....and yes if you had cuffs on you would be in custody...you can do the Chicken and thrown a Death Blossom tantrum but you are still in Custody....you aren't breaking the cuffs. And you aren't breaking my patience or professionalism either.

With no cuffs on its a different ballgame.

25 years ago I had multiple Cops working to get me to the ground -- 2 with Billy Clubs out.No fists or dirty pool from me just passive body resistance and talking to them asking them why they were doing what they were doing.Today I would definitely be Tazed and in all likelihood would have ended up shot dead by some Rookie following SOP.Having combat training you know what they are doing..they are showing them how to use pressure points which is illegal and NOT SOP....it is considered to be torture.....they are following procedure but then they are slipping knees onto windpipes and raking them up and down spinal columns....neck and spine and you cannot breath...T-12....everyone knows.People who don't understand combat don't understand that a shoulder thrust can KO you and that strategically placed knees on your spine and neck can easily kill you without landing a blow.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I wasn't saying you were a jackass. I was saying your life is like an episode of Jackass. You know, because you were talking about using a wale world taser to taze yourself until you build up a tolerance. That's like something they would do on the show.

I kind of envy you. Sounds like your life is kinda fun.

edit on 9-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join