It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WalMart placed next to Pyramid of the Sun - Say 'hi' to the new manifestation of The Corporation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I advocate violence and would act against walmart in such fashion especially if I was a mexican

Walmart is probably one of the top employers of Mexicans. Why would they be angry with it?

Remeber the Alamo!?

A bunch of Mexicans slaughtered a bunch of Texans who they vastly outnumbered, while still taking some relatively heavy losses themselves. Not a very proud moment in Mexican history. I doubt they want to remember that.

Now come on Vegabond, don't be such a 'non-violent' person while corporations and the government go around the world hurting people and taking away from their culture, society and history by their actions.

If those nations and people don't like American culture, there is a very very simple solution. Don't buy it. If you don't buy it, it dies. If these people don't want Walmart, they don't have to shop there. It's that simple.

And you expect them to fight back without violence while violence is used against them. Tsk Tsk.

How exactly is this Walmart violently hurting anyone? How has Walmart violently hurt anyone?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hey guys, listen to this... The pyramids in Mexico, as well as central America, have all been overrun by one thing or another. Remember the Aztecs were not the builders..They just took up residence. Ive seen Catholic churches built on top of pyramids in Mesoamerica. So if any one is to blame for these events, lets start with the first ones to show their A%$.
The Toltecs? The Mixtecs? The Maya? Which ones do you wanna start with first? Dont forget the Vatican..... There in it just as much as anyone else. The grabbing hands, grab all they can. All for themselves, after all....
Depeche Mode said it in the eighties... And we did'nt act on it.. Are there some that would do it now?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
I advocate violence and would act against walmart in such fashion especially if I was a mexican.

My morals are strictly my own and although I would encourage others to follow them I can't really rebuke you for having your own opinion. That being said, I am in the same position you are in, but I still don't advocate violence, because I'm not a Mexican. My standard is basically that I should not tell anybody to commit violence unless I WILL (not "would") do likewise. If they defile a place that is so personally important to me that I decide I'm going to destroy that particular store, then I will publically encourage others to join me in violence.

Now come on Vegabond, don't be such a 'non-violent' person while corporations and the government go around the world hurting people and taking away from their culture, society and history by their actions.

I get called a lot of things, but "non violent" isn't a very common one
. I'm not saying that people shouldn't attack Walmart. The Mexican people can make up their own mind about that. I'm just saying that I personally have no place encouraging them to do it, and by my personal standards I don't think anybody else should encourage them unless either unless that somebody is going to attack Walmart. (I would like to give you a friendly reminder that people have been arrested/questioned for making threats online, so please don't tell me even if your resolve against Walmart meets my standard.)

And you expect them to fight back without violence while violence is used against them. Tsk Tsk.

I never said that I was completely against violence. Back when I was in the Marines I met this coke-head Texan named Bush, had words with him, and put his lights out. I swear it on all of my ancestors. Unfortunately it wasn't the president- just this highstrung fella that I was locked up with for a short time when i got myself in trouble.

EDIT: By the way, I know you couldn't have guessed, but I have a real pet-peeve about being called Vegabond. The reason it upsets me is only that it happens so frequently that I have become quite confused as to why. It's such a mystery that it makes my head hurt. If I ever stop eating meat you can call me vegiebond though.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
"Corporate Leviathan" is the best description of Walmart I've ever heard.

Just a little side note on Wal-Mart. I did a little bit of research on this megacorporation and I gathered something moderately interesting.

The company has a whopping 14 directors. Five of these directors also are directors in other megacorporations:

John D. Opie is also a director at Delphi
Stanley C. Gault is also a director at Auon Products
Roland Hernandez is also a director at MGM Mirage
J. Paul Reason is also a director at Norfolk Southern
M. Michelle Burns is also a director at Cisco Systems

Welcome to the world of the Byzantinely Rich.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join