It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxation - Tax Conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Seven states have no state income tax: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.

The state of Tennessee does not tax income from wages and salaries, although it does tax income from stocks, bonds, and notes.

Similarly, New Hampshire does not tax income from wages and salaries, but does tax income from interest and dividends.

Based on such wide discrepancies from state to state, what tax conspiracies have you heard or do you believe.

Do you feel taxation is legal, right, and should remain the way it is? How do you justify such a variance from state to state if the law is clear and exact.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Check out this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was created by some strange guy.

Income tax, is illegal. But 99% of Americans don't know this. At anytime you can challenge the IRS. It will automatically end with the case getting sealed.

But you need a lawyer who knows what he/she is doing. To challenge the IRS costs roughly 12,000 - 35,000 and you will automatically win!

There are even law firms that advertise this service. You can find them on the internet too.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Personally I think that pulling income tax directly out before you get to see or ututilze or benifit from the funds a criminal and unethical act.

How can a small business owner or self employed individual use capital to invest and grow his or her business and prosperity and report after the fact or results yet an employee has no such option. How can assets be legally seized in such a manner on one level and not the next?

Rich Dad's Cash Flow Quadrant is a popular financial book that talks about how individuals should get out of the employee quadrant into the self employed, business owner or investor quadrant because in the employee quadrant, capital is actually ripped out from under you.

In the other quadrants you can actually use it, move it around, profit on it and then based on your net result (assuming there are some losses), pay an adjusted tax on that.

Imagine bringing in revenue for the year to support your individual operations, yet at the end of the year reporting a loss (debt). And then paying virtually no taxes for that year. That's what a corporation or self employed worker can do.

I think in theory, you have to yank taxes out this way, because if you don't, poor and middle class individuals would pay absolutely no taxes. They would likely constantly net a loss and pay much lower taxes or possibly none, although some speculate they don't now.

Another interesting point is, if indeed around 30-40% of taxes goes towards U.S. debts, assume it's even less, 10%, what happens if that debt doubles? Could it then be assumed, taxes would exponentially grow?

What happens when the low end of taxation is 30% and the high end is 70% and it's still getting yanked out in a payroll format?

Poor government practices and fiscal policies could lead to higher payroll taxes that people can't skirt or refuse to pay. If something so horrible occured, what would people do?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSecret2012
Check out this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was created by some strange guy.

Income tax, is illegal. But 99% of Americans don't know this. At anytime you can challenge the IRS. It will automatically end with the case getting sealed.

But you need a lawyer who knows what he/she is doing. To challenge the IRS costs roughly 12,000 - 35,000 and you will automatically win!

There are even law firms that advertise this service. You can find them on the internet too.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

Interesting post. My only conflict or fear with that statement is that the IRS has the ability to seize assets and freeze accounts. They can actually go after your accounts and put liens on them. Your bank accounts, investment accounts, etc.

A lien being, you have no access to them. You cannot transfer or withdraw your own funds, they are there but you have no control. For an organization that has no legal right, they sure manage to pass through the metal detectors.

I'm extremely perplexed how paying taxes, or "patriotism", varies from state to state. Are New Hampshire and Tennessee residents less patriotic than California or Massachusetts residents because they pay virtually no taxes in comparison?

Just seems like NH and Tenn. were willing to put up a fight and Cali and Mass weren't. So the IRS and taxing bodies (state/fed/IRS/local sales/etc.) gets whatever they can. If taxes are legal, specifically in reference to income tax, the largest tax of all potentially, then New Hampshire is in violation of the law and every resident should be imprisoned for tax evasion.

Also the question arises, how will the governement and states support themselves if a majority of taxes didn't exist? And prior to income taxes, how did the governement support itself? Is that possible today?

I'm no historian on this, I just have a lot of questions.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis

Interesting post. My only conflict or fear with that statement is that the IRS has the ability to seize assets and freeze accounts. They can actually go after your accounts and put liens on them. Your bank accounts, investment accounts, etc.

This is why you would need a good lawyer. Prefrebly one who has done this before, who specializes in this. The real possible problem is the fact the IRS will end the case with having it sealed. Which means you can never talk about it. If you do openly talk about it, and the goverment finds out you did.... then.....

There's plenty of ways getting around a lien. One is preparing ahead of time. Giving some money to a trusted family member, best friend, etc.. to hold. Learning ahead of time how to live low cost. Saving a bunch of money (in cash) and preparing to live off it. It's not hard to live off 15,000.oo per year. You can't do much, but it's possible. Just eat, concentrate on your case vs the IRS, and any free time spend in the library, movie hopping (LOL!), and going for walks in the park or something LOL!
Getting a lien is not definate, just a possiblility.

I'm extremely perplexed how paying taxes, or "patriotism", varies from state to state. Are New Hampshire and Tennessee residents less patriotic than California or Massachusetts residents because they pay virtually no taxes in comparison?

Patriotism IMHO is making an effort to know your rights as an American citizen. Joining the military, paying taxes, mindlessly supporting Democrate or Republican, is not the definition of patriotism. If that were true, then ALL the founding fathers were not patriotic! "No taxation without representation!" they chanted as they refused to pay taxes.

Just seems like NH and Tenn. were willing to put up a fight and Cali and Mass weren't. So the IRS and taxing bodies (state/fed/IRS/local sales/etc.) gets whatever they can. If taxes are legal, specifically in reference to income tax, the largest tax of all potentially, then New Hampshire is in violation of the law and every resident should be imprisoned for tax evasion.

It looks like the majority of residents in those states are true patriots. They know their rights as American citizens!
Just because something is law, doesn't mean its right, or will stay law, or can't be changed from being a law to no longer being a law.

Also the question arises, how will the governement and states support themselves if a majority of taxes didn't exist? And prior to income taxes, how did the governement support itself? Is that possible today?

I'm no historian on this, I just have a lot of questions.

I'd have to do more research into how each state and the goverment were able to pay for services when Americans either paid no tax, or very little taxes. And also how right now, those states you mentioned, are able to play for services (like fixing roads, sanitation, schools, on and on..)

new topics

top topics

join