It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prey ... My return to Talos I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Prey was created by Arkane Studios and released in 2017 , on release it was dubbed as Bioshock in space and to a degree I agree with that., but in my opinion it has a better story than Bioshock and there's more to do plus I think Prey offers the player more freedom in the way situations are approached.

I picked up Prey in a sale last year and played 10 hours or so then moved on to something else , I thought it was a good game but I had other games so Prey took a back seat , skip forward to 2020 and I fancied a bit of off world adventure so reinstalled Prey , now I'm in the mood to think about situations rather than just run and gun this game has come alive (not literally)

The story is really deep and being an Arkane game actions have consequences , you've got conflicting information coming in and you're left to make decisions based on your feeling of what's going on , which might not be what's actually going on , lumped on top of that you're fighting a malevolent Alien force and trying to stop them reaching and devastating Earth , I had to choose the fate of 5 people who had left the station just before it all kicked off so they may have uninvited passengers but then again they may not , destroy or not destroy .... for the greater good I chose destroy.

When I first played the game my computer barely made medium settings but now with everything maxed out Prey is a visual treat , if you haven't played this gem I wholeheartedly recommend it, it's brilliant.

38 hours in and sill lovin it.

edit on 27-5-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

loved it never got into its expansion as it kept trying to make me create an account and that tends to not exactly work in my experience but i spent about 60 hours in that game constantly wondering when a mimic was gonna jump out at me great game especially if you can get past the harder first few hours

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I really, really enjoyed this game. My only problem with it is 'too danged short' though I realize it isn't, actually, that short. It has a rare depth and if there were more like it, I would likely "waste" even more of my finite time on gaming.

The design for the space station, for instance... marvelous and smartly designed.

Anyway, yeah ... me likey too. I wish more games had the depth this one has.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Prey 2017 is a great game , but I have to ask ...
Have you played the original title ?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes I have it on physical disk , completely different in its design and a bit disorientating with all the portal traveling but an interesting romp , Prey 2017 is the superior game in my opinion

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Really cool game and loved it as much as i did bioshock, i agree with you it is not the same as bioshock feels more like your on a rails where the end result will always be the same. Talos 1 has indeed a much more complicated story, which i personally found difficult to deal with as i like (when i pay money for a game) to fully play all aspects of the game. But when every decision you made can result in a different ending it becomes difficult to just play the good guy or the bad guy.
I wonder how many endings have you tried so far?
There are 4 major end lines but even they can divert and mingle.
Really like that at the end of the game you get a short evaluation of your choices which is fun to hear as it reflects directly on the decisions you made and gives it a personal touch somehow. It also makes you want to redo it but even better this time.

Maybe you are not aware but there is a expansion released (at least the one i know of) that enables you to choice from 4-5 different char and you will run a simulation game where the goal is to finish a certain mission, there is a timer that counts down multiple times, when it is on 0 it will increase the typhon in every room. OKe i admit the game is hard to explain but its more fun to just play for 2-3h as there is no complicated storyline to follow but you still have all the elements from Talos 1

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes I have it on physical disk , completely different in its design and a bit disorientating with all the portal traveling but an interesting romp , Prey 2017 is the superior game in my opinion

Add the very strange weapons.
Being a lot Cherokee and having stayed on that reservation for a summer , that one is close to my heart .
And , Art Bell Coast to Coast playing in the background.
Don't get no better than that .

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

I haven't finished it yet so I've yet to experience any of them but on this playthrough I'm doing it clean, no Alien DNA, next time I'll try some of those special abilities.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well I was doing it clean but I needed some Alien DNA as the SHTF , I've hit the self destruct and am trying to get to the Go button but Alien activity has ramped up and I have very little ammo , 52 hours in and I'm near the end.

Great game but frustrating at times.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Talos I is no more , I destroyed the station and skedaddled in Alex's escape pod leaving everyone to their fate .. Bwahahaha.

Nice twist at the end , after the credits.

top topics

join