It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antibody tests for Covid-19 wrong half the time, CDC says !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well I for one believe this as I was told by my doctor the same over a week ago. Thank you CDC for stating the truth in lieu of the push by Nancy Pelosi several hours ago for "We Need To Test With A Strategy". It is my opinion that based on what I am hearing from my federal sources, it now seems that USA INTEL is now running the show in the background. Correctly and with purpose.

Covid-19 wrong half the time

Antibody tests used to determine if people have been infected in the past with Covid-19 might be wrong up to half the time, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in new guidance posted on its website. Antibody tests, often called serologic tests, look for evidence of an immune response to infection. "Antibodies in some persons can be detected within the first week of illness onset," the CDC says. They are not accurate enough to use to make important policy decisions, the CDC said.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi: We Need To Test With A Strategy | All In | MSNBC

Here's a link to what my doctor said about COVID-19 antibody tests:

Link

Again, thank you CDC!

edit on 27-5-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 27-5-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Yeah, if the antibody tests were accurate, it would show that almost everyone has already been infected.

Destroying their narrative of this virus being a HUGE KILLER.

They should be called the Center for Disinformation Control.
edit on 27-5-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So, basically flipping a coin will give you as accurate a result as the test? That is worse than useless.

And some of the same people that developed this test are working on the vaccine? Well that is reassuring... NOT!
edit on 5 27 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thanks

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So, basically flipping a coin will give you as accurate a resul
a reply to: beyondknowledge

My doctor said the exact same thing just over a week ago.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Two friends with false positives.

One freaked out and destroyed a bunch of property.

The other had been sick in February.

His whole life changed over a false positive.

His girlfriend even left him.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Wow.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Dr. Fauci angers media/democrats, stating another significant wave of Corona-Virus may NOT happen this Fall/Winter.

www.businessinsider.com...

Contrast that with the Mainstream Media practically guaranteeing America will see Wave #2, making Mail-In Voting mandatory.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

If something like that was going to make a person leave him, he was likely better off without her anyway. What did she think it was? Cooties? If she didn't get sick when he did, then she wasn't going to get it from antibodies.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
From the new research science I am reading about this, the false positives are from being in contact with the covid, and responding to it....but, the immunity comes from either any Coronavirus or any Sars related virus, not to this particular virus. If you have this even as a false positive, it means you have possibly had a cold that is coronavirus and it does protect you somewhat from this virus...giving you just a small case of the disease when you initially contact the disease. Not full coverage, but since it is close to the same thing and it does kill the virus it is fairly good protection.

They did not know this even three weeks ago and this evidence was not even accepted by the CDC till about a week and a half ago which is why the Feds are trying to open the country up more....half the people in this country have immunity to this virus to some extent. These people will show symptoms but get over the virus quickly. Even if you have the flu shot, you can get a mild version of the flu.

I look at what Obama said about this administrations response to the virus, and do have to admit that it was not really correct, but Obama nor any president would have done any better, In fact I think Obama would have done much worse than trump. The biggest mess up was the CDC instructing doctors to put patients on the ventilators instead of trying the less invasive masks first. It may have been a poorly written memo to doctors and hospitals treating this disease...But it did cause a lot of deaths, they overrid the doctors on site judgement about treating this disease....which should have been treated like pneumonia or the flu with oxygen enrichment first. I read the memo a while back that addressed this which was posted either here or in some other place by a healthcare professional or doctor. If it was a mistake in expressing something, the CDC should be held responsible because they screwed up requiring health care how to do something.

Trump did all right, but he listened to Fauchi and some overeducated idiots too much, he trusted people who were trying to make a name for themselves, trying to make this into a disease that is much worse than it is. I would bet that more people died because of locking things down than died from this covid even with it's falsly reporting of deaths from covid19

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's a shame they don't tell us whose tests are accurate. However, they do say this (from the first link):

Therefore, its best to use tests with high specificity -- which are unlikely to throw up a lot of false positives -- and in populations where doctors suspect there are many cases," the CDC said.

And it would appear that Quest Diagnostics offers exactly that:

"100% specificity highlights the accuracy of Ortho's antibody test. In this widespread health crisis, Ortho strongly believes that every test is a life and is proud to join with Quest in the fight against coronavirus."

Ortho Clinical Diagnostics and Quest Diagnostics to Broaden Availability of COVID-19 Antibody Testing

I think Quest is nationwide for anyone interested.

Quest Diagnostics Locations

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dr. Fauci angers media/democrats, stating another significant wave of Corona-Virus may NOT happen this Fall/Winter.

I’m not a Democrat and I’m pissed at him too. Who doesn’t Fauci anger?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If something like that was going to make a person leave him, he was likely better off without her anyway. What did she think it was? Cooties? If she didn't get sick when he did, then she wasn't going to get it from antibodies.

There is so much disinformation out there.

I had to keep reassuring the young man he isn’t going to die.

The girl was on her way out the door already.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Two friends with false positives.

One freaked out and destroyed a bunch of property.

The other had been sick in February.

His whole life changed over a false positive.

His girlfriend even left him.

Then he lucked out, instead of sticking with her longer and getting trapped further (kid or marriage, or both, etc) Better to find out that "unconditional love" is BS and she'll leave ya when you need her support the most, and move on sooner rather than later. Still sucks big time for him, but eventually he will understand how it saved him from a longer term relationship/evolved relationship being held over him for half the property & CS.

new topics

top topics

join