It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin James Cooking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It might look like a joke, but he got it right. I've been reheating pizza the wrong way all these years.

The crunchiness of the bread he achieves is almost spiritual.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Those are great.

I also like red pepper confetti on my pizza.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have been doing sandwiches with fried balogna and melted cheese and fried bun for years. Even a cheap balogna tastes good that way...but not too cheap, it needs a little beef and or pork in it.

I never tried to reheat pizza that way though, usually we just toss it on the rack in the oven to partly reheat it. But I bet that frying pan method would work great, but it is a pan to wash.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Kevin James is great, I love that dude (well, ummm, not like that).

He cracks me up!

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
when you are out of nyc, when you order pizza by the slice, make sure they reheat it.

a slice of pizza cooked twice tastes WAY better than 'fresh out of the oven'

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've been reheating pizza that way for decades.
It almost does taste better.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It doesn’t need the oil. A dry pan is good enough. The pizza already has enough oil.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
It might look like a joke, but he got it right. I've been reheating pizza the wrong way all these years.

I got pizza from that place I told you about on Friday and made sure I got an extra one for Monday. This is how I reheated mine.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
It doesn’t need the oil. A dry pan is good enough. The pizza already has enough oil.

I use a little bit of the oil that they pack the Calabrian chilies in since I want more fire in the hole.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That’s the move. I can get behind calabrian chilies. Im not against the oil but a dry pan will crisp the dough and melt the cheese just like my slice. A slice is cooked once but heated twice. I love that straight from the pan crunch and melt cheese mouth feel.

~Cabbage and calabrian chili spread~

Clean some cabbage. Light salt the cabbage and press down for a good hour with a perf pan and weight for an hour. The salt helps to extract the moisture and keep crunch like one does for a crunchy pickle.

Dressing - 1/2 cup calabrian chili spread. 1/2 cup ramp pickling liquid. (Quick pickle ramps) Then emulsify with 1 1/2 cups EVOO and balance with lemon juice and salt.

Chop lettuce into nice sized chunks, toss with dressing and throw on some toasted sliver almonds.

That’s pretty doggone tasty my friend. Great summer salad.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yeah, I'm gonna make that.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Trueman

I got pizza from that place I told you about on Friday and made sure I got an extra one for Monday. This is how I reheated mine.

I know you did.

top topics

join