It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Promising Treatment for CoVID-19 - Ivermectin and Doxycycline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

He said a frequently used antiprotozoal medicine called ivermectin in a single dose with Doxycycline, an antibiotic, yielded virtually the near miraculous result in curing his patients with COVID-19.

Alam, a reputed clinician, his team was prescribing these two medicines only for coronavirus patients, most of them initially reporting with respiratory problems with related complaints, later to be tested COVID-19 positive.

"We first ask them to be tested for COVID-19 and when found coronavirus positive we apply the drugs . . . they are recovering within four days," he said.
Bangladeshi doctors claim to have found effective drugs to treat COVID-19

Looks like another combination of two common and low cost drugs may work out as a treatment for The China Bug.

Ivermectin is a drug that kills parasites. Clinical trials are planned for the treatment.

The Bangladeshi medical team said "We have got astounding results". So far it looks like the treatmen has real hope.

"But all of them have shown remarkable recovery being (COVID-19) negative in four days and 50 percent reduction of symptoms in 3 days,"

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Alam, a reputed clinician

Reputed
said to be the true situation although this is not known to be certain and may not be likely:

dictionary.cambridge.org...
edit on 5/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think English is their first language.

Lost in translation?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Yes, it looks promising for sure. But again, like hydroxychloroquine / Zinc, it has to be given early, not days later waiting for test results but immediately when symptoms present. Again, this is an existing generic and cheap drug. Nobody is in any hurry to do a real trial or use this as a treatment as the goal is to use a patented drug from specific corporations which can be priced in the thousands or tens of thousands of dollars per round of treatment.

I suspect if you see any studies on this, it will not be given early and only given to patients already in the hospital / ICU so they can say it is not effective. This is what they have done with hydroxychloroquine in the bunk VA study.

www.webmd.com...

"The main way we think ivermectin works is to target a key molecule of our cells that we think helps the virus to proliferate," Jans says. "By stopping this, the virus replicates more slowly, and so our immune system has a better chance to mount the antiviral response and kill the virus." Giving this or any antiviral drug early is thought to give the body the best chance of beating infection, he says.

In other studies, the researchers say, the drug has been shown to work against dengue fever and to limit infections similar to COVID-19, such as the West Nile virus.

The drug is "safe at relatively high doses, widely available, and relatively cheap, too," Jans says. The next step is more research to find the best dose for fighting COVID-19.

www.drugs.com...

The trials so far have shown ivermectin reduces the number of cell-associated viral RNA by 99.8 % in 24 hours. This was an in vitro study which means they were testing cells in a laboratory and not in a living organism.

Studies are now needed to be done on ivermectin on people or animals to see how well ivermectin works against COVID-19. This is in vivo testing.

Ivermectin is currently a FDA approved medicine for treatment of intestinal worms, Strongyloides stercoralis and Onchocerca volvulus. It has been established as safe for human use.

Ivermectin can block the cargo transporter, so the viral proteins can’t get into the nucleus. This is how the scientists believe Ivermectin works against SARS-CoV-2 virus.

By taking Ivermectin, it means the body can fight the infection like normal, because its antiviral response hasn’t been reduced by the viral proteins.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I had my doubts when it said they were using an antibiotic to treat a virus. Then OP pointed out the other drug is for parasites.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

The antibiotic is to take care of any secondary infection from bacteria that can accompany a viral infection in the lungs.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I took this to mean it was helping people with more advanced symptoms.

"astounding" results in curing patients with acute COVID-19 symptoms

It's in the first paragraph of the story at the link in the OP.

edit on 17-5-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

He said a frequently used antiprotozoal medicine called ivermectin in a single dose with Doxycycline, an antibiotic, yielded virtually the near miraculous result in curing his patients with COVID-19.

Alam, a reputed clinician, his team was prescribing these two medicines only for coronavirus patients, most of them initially reporting with respiratory problems with related complaints, later to be tested COVID-19 positive.

"We first ask them to be tested for COVID-19 and when found coronavirus positive we apply the drugs . . . they are recovering within four days," he said.
Bangladeshi doctors claim to have found effective drugs to treat COVID-19

Looks like another combination of two common and low cost drugs may work out as a treatment for The China Bug.

Ivermectin is a drug that kills parasites. Clinical trials are planned for the treatment.

The Bangladeshi medical team said "We have got astounding results". So far it looks like the treatmen has real hope.

"But all of them have shown remarkable recovery being (COVID-19) negative in four days and 50 percent reduction of symptoms in 3 days,"

Yes,this is correct...the Parasites that harbor and support the Pleomorphic Bacteria that are the real catalyst of the problems we are now solving together so quickly and effectively.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79

I had my doubts when it said they were using an antibiotic to treat a virus. Then OP pointed out the other drug is for parasites.

We need to forget the word virus because it in no ways is relevant...exclude every and anything you ever learned about a thing that is supposed to exist as an entity unto itself called a "virus".

We are dealing with Pleomorphic Bacteria that are brought into our bodies via the Parasite/Human symbiotic relationship we enable via our foodchain choices.Covid(living Pleomorphic Bacteria in its "agitated/activated/triggered viral sized form)/Cancer(living Pleomorphic Bacteria in its Fungal form]....same bug different drama.....both sicknesses easy to kill quickly.and to prevent proactively using natural food/plant based remedies or pills.....I would never ever ever allow what they call vaccines.

edit on 18-5-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Meanwhile, every day we hear that they've found something promising (this or that or somethinoranother) and every day, I watch the numbers and the overall picture is still grim as all hell. So I surmise that they're just throwing random BS out there because they can't do a damn thing about it and they know it but they refuse to humiliate themselves and admit that they're just bystanders here.

They spent so many decades perfecting the fine art of engineering medicine for profit. To milk every last penny out of everything to do with medicine. It was never about survival at all. It was all about money. Always. So if it took 20 years to create a new wonder drug, so what? And the more red tape and BS that was involved, the better. That brought competition down and made sure pretty much the same people could make every drug.

So now there is a problem that hits them where they live and they can't do a damn thing about it.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The above post is right, I've never in my life heard about so many cures of any disease as I've heard regarding COVID 19!

If we're to believe all these claims then we would all be free and can tear off these stupid masks and go out dancing and tongue kissing.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The above post is right, I've never in my life heard about so many cures of any disease as I've heard regarding COVID 19!

If we're to believe all these claims then we would all be free and can tear off these stupid masks and go out dancing and tongue kissing.

You have never learned what a Pleomorphic Bacteria can do to your body before or how many SIMPLE CHEAP EFFECTIVE ways there are to kill it and its Parasitic hosts.

nOT ONE OF THOSE REMEDIES IS CALLED"VACCINE" FOR THAT IS A WEAPONISED SATANIC WORD.

new topics

top topics

join