It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins swimming through bioluminescent algae

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The algae emits a blue glow when it's disturbed. In the U.S., bioluminscent algae can be seen at southern California beaches.

Amazing bioluminescence at Terschelling Island in the Netherlands:

Jervis Bay, NSW:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So cool! The dolphins look like a lost Sci-fi scene from TRON.

A bunch of years ago I was driving from WA to AZ through CA...on the coast at night I kept seeing this blue light from the highway...like the waves were glowing as they rolled in. I pulled over and was lucky to see it the phenomenon...it blew my mind.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
I bet those dolphins are having loads of fun doing that!
It almost looks like CGI,but nature is always cooler than CGI I reckon.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've seen the waves glow like that in Galveston before, it was pretty damn cool!

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

So very beautiful and magical! Loved this! It's one thing to see it in a video, but I can imagine what it must be like to see it in person.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'd pay good money to see something like that.

Nature never fails to astonish and surprise.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm lol at a comment someone left on YouTube:

Steven Speilberg: "What do you think of the incredible special effects I put in my movies?"
Mother Nature: "Hang on a second, hold my beer."

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Very cool video!

I was on a dive boat in the S. China Sea one time off the east coast of northern peninsular Malaysia and saw that one time. Wanted to go diving in it, but it was way too dangerous because the shrimp and squid fishing boats were all over that stuff like white on rice! They could see where the schools of shrimp and squid were and they came in like a swarm of locusts.

It was cool though because you could see schools of fish, shrimp and squid turn suddenly and the water would just light up.

Never saw individual fish like the dolphins in the video though. That would be even cooler!

S&F!
edit on 5/17/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I love this!

When I lived in CA I experienced this. Stepping in the sand made it light up, the waves crashing lit up, what an amazing experience. The dolphins though, that is some god damn beautiful sh-t.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
We can see that sometimes here in Tampa Bay Florida, but it does not see nearly as dramatic as some of these scenes posted. I wonder why they react suddenly to movement?? When we cast the net off the boat launch on sr 60 it usually kicks up some light. I always like splashing my hand back and forth in the water to see it more.

I wonder why they do that near shore?? I don't recall witnessing the phenomenon when I was younger, but assume its been around forever.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Some algae give off a greenish hue but I never saw the blue one. The effect is similar with hands moving at night during a night scuba dive.

The blue looks amazing!

new topics

top topics

join