It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesson one - turn the light on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Sometimes I pull such a boneheaded move I have to tell on my self.

This happened about a year and a half ago and has since become a bit of a running joke around my house.

My girlfriend moved in over a year ago, but before that, we went out one night and decided to stay at her house. When we got there, I went into the bathroom and I didn't turn the light on because there was enough light from the other room to see what I was doing [ or so I thought ].
All I had planned on doing was get a dab of toothpaste on my tongue, swish some water around with it and instant fresh breath for later. [ winkwinknudgenudge ]

Well, there was a tube lying on the counter, it had a red strip on the tube and I knew she used Colgate toothpaste, so I just assumed it was the right stuff

So, I squeeze a dab out and suddenly I get this awful taste. I mean nasty, greasy horrible flavor. I think WTF is that. I come out of the bathroom spitting and sputtering, with the tube in my hand and finally got a look at what I'd grabbed.

Turns out what was lying there was this and I couldn't tell because I didn't turn the light on.

Took her a good 5 minutes to wind down from hysterical laughter to fits of snorts, giggles and chuckles.

Lesson One - turn the light on.

Here endeth the lesson.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
At least your girlfriend has a sense of humor. That will take you a long way in a relationship.

Good lesson. I will take it to heart.

edit on 5/14/2020 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

At least your girlfriend has a sense of humor.

Yeah....she has the same reaction every time she sees me naked.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This sounds like something I would do.

Another lesson to be had here: I will never put ointments on the same counter as the toothpaste. It will live somewhere else. I hate turning the lights on early in the AM unless there's a dimmer so I consider myself in the at-risk group for a mouthful of ointment.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ah yes. Overconfidence in a darkened bathroom has lead me to many nasty mishaps.

edit on 14-5-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Nothing like brushing your teeth with hemmoroid cream....or Ben Gay

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

My mother in law thought she was putting eye drops into Dad's eyes...it was super glue! Same small bottle....!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

at least it wasn't preparation H. Bright side and all.

new topics

top topics

join