It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Virgin Mary Misconception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't know why all of you seem to think she was a "hymen" virgin ...
The whole reason for using the word virgin was to explain that Jesus did NOT have an earthly father... I've also read other places that he didn't have all the chromozones (sp?) that us normal humans have... he had his mothers and one extra Y, or whatever it takes to be male...

Sure theres lots of debate about whether or not he existed but I'm sure in 2000 years we'll have a hard time explaining that some movie star characters didn't actually exist.. .

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
first of all, Jesus was obviously male.

Now as far as knowing his DNA, well, unless you know where you can find some of his DNA laying around, we don't know.

THe only real evidance we have that Virgin (Hymen, or otherwise) is based on the Gospels. It is a test of faith for a chrisitan to accept what is in the bible as truth.

But I do know that Mary never stayed a virgin.

Some churches tho have raised her to the level of God as the "Holy incubator" which concideing she bore other children to Joesph kind makes little sense

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I understand the reasoning behind the virgin birth of Jesus story. But, sadly, it is not really special. There are numerous examples of virgin births that predate Christianity. This is just another example of one group adapting the previous religious beliefs of another group.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
I've also read other places that he didn't have all the chromozones (sp?) that us normal humans have... he had his mothers and one extra Y, or whatever it takes to be male...

Doesn't that sound rather silly to you? The people around when he was around didn't know what a chromosome was. Anyone from the times that genetics were even vaguely known is about 2,000 years removed.

On the mary hymen bit, she herself was conceived immaculately, ie cleanly, and then jesus was conceived without sex, because sex was a 'dirty little thing' that people don't like to think about, and certainly poking and ejaculating and secreting aren't considered holy things, so it was removed, even in the previous generation, from the jesus tradition.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Nice post, Ngydan. Guess that explains why Christianity is anti-sex...

top topics

join