It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rota virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hi everybody
Anyone can help me if a new born child his still one month has a rota virus seems the hospitals don’t have solutions any one can help what should we do to don’t loose the child thx.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The only thing I know of is rehydration and elecrolyte replacement via drip, nil by mouth and anti diarhea medication if it goes on.

Anti biotics won't help as it is a virus. I think it's one of those things where if the above is done correctly then it is up to the baby to fight it off and develop anti bodies to it.

Give the baby heaps of cuddles and surround it with love, I wish you, the baby and your family well and hope for a speedy recovery and good health.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The Rota virus is highly contagious. Rota Virus FAQ

Rehydration via Breast feeding seems to be the key, along with lots of liquids (pedialite).

Rota Virus information
Children can lose body fluids and electrolytes very rapidly with this disease. This is especially dangerous for children under 2 years of age. (3) Without rehydration and restoring the electrolyte balance this disease can be life-threatening. (4, 5, 8) The most effective treatment for rotavirus is rehydration with an electrolyte-balanced fluid supplement. (4, 7, 8) A diet of bland foods, such as bananas, applesauce, cereal and toast is also recommended. Mothers who are breastfeeding a child with the virus should be encouraged to continue to do so. (5) Considered essential for recovery and immunity against this virus is the presence of intestinal IgA and IgG antibodies and of IgA in mother's milk. (1) Viral infections do not respond to antibiotic treatment. (8)

There are a few companies with a vacine, but 1 month is probably too young.

The baby should probably be in the hospital.

We wish your family a quick recovery.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sounds awfull that you are going through,

how long has the child had this illness?

Ok had a look around for some info for you and cae up with this,

My son has Rota what? What you should know about Rotavirus

i hope that this gives you some info that you may find usefull

Is there a treatment for rotavirus infection?
Viral infections are not treatable with antibiotics and have to be "waited out" The best way to help is to encourage sick children to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. The way we prevented Wayne from being hospitalized was by feeding him 1 oz of Pedialyte every 20 minutes.
Pedialyte and Gatorade are absorbed through the system faster than milk or water. If your child has a problem keeping down the 1oz you will need to go to 1tbsp every 10 -15 minutes.

There is no effective way to completely eliminate rotavirus infection or its spread. Washing with soaps or cleansers does not kill the virus but will help reduce the spread of infection. Wash hands after using the toilet, after helping a child use the toilet, after diapering a child, and before preparing or serving food.
If your child has been diagnosed with Rotavirus I would like to suggest that you inlist the help of any friend or relative that will offer.
The illness does make your baby sleepless and rotating shifts is the easiest way to get through it.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I understand this may be taken the entirely wrong way ... but I'm still going to say it..

Cannabis is known to fix both of those problems.. although I don't understand the disease entirely..

Perhaps you can talk to your doctor about Cannibinol .. or other treatments..

I realize that it is classified as an illicit drug... but it does have a lot of medicinal attributes..

I imagine before it was demonized it was quiet the beneficial Medicine.. when used PROPERLY..

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Pot for Rota virus :shk:,

Fluid, electroltyes, and let the infection run its cource. Allowing some quack to give your child pot or cannabis or whatever you want to call it is a quick way to get a visit from CPS

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Pot for Rota virus :shk:,

Fluid, electroltyes, and let the infection run its cource. Allowing some quack to give your child pot or cannabis or whatever you want to call it is a quick way to get a visit from CPS

I was recommending some research be done on the subject.. its lovely to see how demonized the plant has become.. lets give our children all sorts of Shots and crap at birth and all sorts of pharma drugs.. but never EVER give them something natural.. NEVER... Come on .. Wake up, She was asking ... it is a matter of life and death .. in which case all should be looked at unbiasly if its going to save a life...
I'm not looking at the child getting stoned.. I'm looking at the medical benefits.. its known that it produces an appetite and gets rid of nausea... so shove your little comment in your opinion creator .... I didn't say smack about your idea...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Wake up, She was asking ... it is a matter of life and death ..I'm looking at the medical benefits.. its known that it produces an appetite and gets rid of nausea... so shove your little comment in your opinion creator .... I didn't say smack about your idea...

At anyrate, no smack was required for the fluid and electrolytes. Appettie is one thing but a one month old is not exactly chowing down on a steak no? :shk: I love how the medical pot crowd love to preach about all the benifits for a drug that is by and large already covered and has no NO ligit application in a pediatric setting.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by dnero6911
Wake up, She was asking ... it is a matter of life and death ..I'm looking at the medical benefits.. its known that it produces an appetite and gets rid of nausea... so shove your little comment in your opinion creator .... I didn't say smack about your idea...

At anyrate, no smack was required for the fluid and electrolytes. Appettie is one thing but a one month old is not exactly chowing down on a steak no? :shk: I love how the medical pot crowd love to preach about all the benifits for a drug that is by and large already covered and has no NO ligit application in a pediatric setting.

Wow, so because you don't like me, and we have a difference of opinion I get a warning ...

okay officer..

obviously you know more about the virus than I do ..

It's called education not degradation ..

[edit on 15/3/05 by dnero6911]

new topics

top topics

join