It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Italy-China Connection

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I was wondering why Italy was the epicenter of Wuflu and it.turns out the origins started in the 90's. Turns out that the Italians didnt like the manual labor of making fine Italian products so they outsourced to Chinese workers. Except to keep.the Made in Italy label legit they IMPORTED Chinese workers instead.

www.newyorker.com...

Well fast forward to 2020 and it turns out that those migrant workers imported the virus as well which explains why the North of Italy was hit the hardest. It seems that most of them went home for the Lunar festival and returned with some extra imports.

spectator.org...

Now China seems to be trying to gauge its influence in Europe by trying to woo Italy thru providing medical equipment. I wonder if post CV will see an Itslian exit from the EU....due to the EU's rather poor support of Italy in this mess.

www.iai.it...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I live in Southern Ontario, and it has some of the biggest wine tourism in the world, also Niagara falls.

Majority of our tourists are yes, Chinese, there's even an entire bus tourist company dedicated to just taking Chinese tourists from Toronto to the Niagara region. Over the last probably 30 years they have built up quite the middle class, and they can afford to travel, and top of this, the Chinese LOVE wine.

The areas that got hit hard in Italy were in the most prized Italian wine making areas, the North and North east coast region, it's also a magnate for wealthy people. I think that coupled with Italy importing foreign workers, it was bound to happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thats interesting. I wonder if thats why new york and cali are hard hit as well. Although NY is upstate for wine.

a reply to: strongfp

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

IIRC, NYC area has one of the largest populations of Chinese in the US.
Aside from the wine aspect.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Yeah...the OP was more about Italy and the exploitation of cheap labor....wine was just extra.

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

1.4 billion or so Chinese, and they like to travel. Who woulda thunk it.

Italy is hardly the only country to take advantage of cheap Chinese labour.
edit on 19-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Indentured servitude is hardly travel.
The OP is about Italy, but yes, Chinese have been used and abused all over.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Your view may change by actually speaking to Chinese people, just saying.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ahhh. You didnt read any of the articles. Gotcha.

This is from the New Yorker.

"Others paid smugglers huge fees, which they then had to work off, a form of indentured servitude that was enforced by the threat of violence".

The OP is specifically about why Northern Italy was so hard hit by Wuflu, so not sure what you are trying to get at.

And to whom shall i speak to exactly about it?

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

some are taking advantage of the "western lazyness" filling in these bottom end jobs from their own words.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You can pretty much choose a Western democratized nation out of a hat and use it to fill in the blank, like that game ad libs.

"The China - [Fill_In_The_Blank] Connection"

China overpopulated its nation and the resultant effect is that their main domestic resource is man power. Having said that, nobody puts a gun to Italy, or Europe or the US' collective heads to enter into these trade relationships with the Chinese. It is universally done for the sake of increasing profit margin, paying cheaper labor costs for Chinese workers that would otherwise require higher wages for a Westerner to fill.

I know quit a few Chinese citizens, and one can never generalize about the entirety of a demographic group on a half dozen anecdotal friendships, but the one's I've met are intelligent, friendly, hard working, very pleased to be living away from the CCP.

I know OP isn't going down this path, but IMO it's very unfair to target resentment at individual or small groups of Chinese people working hard and trying their best to eke out a living in this world, by whatever trade and in the service of whatever foreign nation that will pay them.

Where Western citizens need to be focusing scrutiny and our ire is at multinational corporations, often built and managed by Western executives, that play this import/export manufacturing games with the CCP, merely to avoid paying higher wages to Westerners so every. single. last. penny of profit margin can be wrung out of labor costs.

Capitalism has made the US and our allies some of the most successful and economically prosperous nations in the world, but at what price does a CEO set for the strategic, long term sustainability and growth of our own country. Capitalism and Patriotism must have a "rubber meets the road" moment, and I feel this moment is quickly approaching.

edit on 19-4-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Op I received this email a couple of weeks ago.

www.traditioninaction.org...

Most towns here in Italy, from the upper reaches of the Alps to the ancient shores of Sicilia and Sardenia, while not deserted, are closer to being ghost towns than the bustling centers of tourism, business and daily life they were just a few weeks ago.

Stores and shops have been shuttered. Restaurants and coffee shops no longer serve customers. Schools, universities, sporting arenas…even our museums and theaters…all closed. Even the Vatican City has closed its gates and armed patrols monitor the 20 foot tall walls that protect it!

Streets and roads are now empty for as far as the eye can see. Normally they would be filled with crazed Italian drivers in tiny cars and scooters (the ones that sound like demonic insects) darting here and there, reaching the limits of centrifugal force on our roundabouts. In the piazze of our towns and cities, there are now officially more pigeons than people.

edit on Sun Apr 19 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE and HUGE QUOTE TRIMMED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Continued:

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Apr 19 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yes. Thing is that its blue on blue. I saw that a lot in the UAE. Phillipinos selling out other Philipinos.

a reply to: choos

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Holy crap man.

Why didnt you make a thread on this? Or did you?

That is madness. I am surprised the mafia allowed this.

a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
And once again, it's the same story: the under the table dealing of a country's business/corporate leaders and their counterparts in the national government apparatus result in unfavorable arrangements where vital goods, services and jobs have been vacuumed clean out of the local economy.

I want to start a thread about this phenomenon in the United States, and how it's my feeling that there should public congressional hearings to take stock of exactly how much economic productivity has been siphoned out of our country into communist nations. The American people deserve to know how this happened, the timeline for it, how much $$$ exchanged hands, and cui bono as our Italian friends would say.

To be continued...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Why would the mafia be against it? Cheap labour sweatshops for high profit knockoffs. That’s like right in their expertise.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Cuz you can bet the Chinese mafia has muscled in.

Hmmm. They HAVE moved in. Imagine that.

www.nytimes.com...

a reply to: choos

edit on 19-4-2020 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

join