It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Open or Not to Open

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: chr0naut

What does that mean??

It means extended austerity and social distancing, which we will survive, rather than the exponentially increasing and fairly definite death rate of letting the virus run rampant. At this point in time, we have no better option. No cure or immunization (which are perhaps a year or so away).

Although it is a very worst case scenario, the virus, unchecked would eventually affect 80% of the population before herd immunity would come into play, which is 26.4 million people in the US. Currently the mortality rate in the US is 3.9 % of those identified as infected. This would mean the deaths of 1,029,600 people. The earning capability of those people represent a fairly large economic loss for the country of nearly 65 trillion dollars per annum (based upon average income figures). Of course these are all very rough and worst case figures but not that unreasonable.

So, if there is something that could save lives, it makes sense to pursue that rather than to let them die and also crash the already indebted economy.

Thank you

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

So would you use an executive order on Washington state where inslee shutdown the schools for the year? To reopen them??

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

What does that mean??

It means extended austerity and social distancing, which we will survive, rather than the exponentially increasing and fairly definite death rate of letting the virus run rampant. At this point in time, we have no better option. No cure or immunization (which are perhaps a year or so away).

Although it is a very worst case scenario, the virus, unchecked would eventually affect 80% of the population before herd immunity would come into play, which is 26.4 million people in the US. Currently the mortality rate in the US is 3.9 % of those identified as infected. This would mean the deaths of 1,029,600 people. The earning capability of those people represent a fairly large economic loss for the country of nearly 65 trillion dollars per annum (based upon average income figures). Of course these are all very rough and worst case figures but not that unreasonable.

So, if there is something that could save lives, it makes sense to pursue that rather than to let them die and also crash the already indebted economy.

Thank you

I made a mistake, though. It is $65 billion, not $65 trillion.

Dumb, I know.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The elderly and people with underlying health conditions who are MOST suceptible to COVID-19? How much is their "earning capability" that it would casue a 'large economical loss"? It would be a HUGE psychological loss to the other millions not dead.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Wasn't Trump's call to lock down in the first place.

Won't be his call now.

Let's keep the responsibility for this lockdown squarely where it belongs...on state governors and city mayors!

The madness and stupidity of some of these lockdowns is off the "ridiculous" scale, and state / local officials need to answer for the damage THEY have done! Fiscally and legally. Period.

edit on 4/13/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am a states rights person,, But I mean we are well passed liberties being abused, power being abused. That ship has sailed.

abcnews.go.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">abcnews.go.com... -drag-man-mask-off-public-bus/story?id=70104383

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have an opinion.
The only thing I fear is playing hockey while not being properly suited for it at that time.
Why is this any different?

My immune system is pretty good (for a smoker).

I had a "bug" in Dec. spit blood and knocked on the Pearly Gates all weekend long.
Went to work on Monday.

There's an article somewhere where someone taught me how to slay the mammoth if he drives me into my cave...

If I'm wearing a mask is it because I'm afraid? No, I'm putting the puck in the pocket. And I will eat again tomorrow.

eta
Sorry.
I usually read a good portion of thread before kneejerking.

I'm in NV so my doggy is anxious to bite into a juicy scandal, rip it to shreds.

edit on (4/13/2020 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Tough times ahead. I know it's not easy for some of you financially. You can always rebuild but I think the country needs to stay locked down until we find a treatment.

I'm concerned if we do stay lock down until we find a treatment ( From what I heard the fastest a vaccine can be produced is a year from now.) this could lead to civil unrest, and the people rebeling. i think on whole we are listening to the ad campaigns "stay at home" and all that. But I think if the lockdown were to continue I dont know how long peole would listen. And even more if the economy is shutdown We coould possibly see lotting happen as people are out of work.www.dailymail.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:// www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8201523/Looters-targeting-restaurants-small-businesses-left-idle-United-States.html

Thats why I think this is a critical point a critical time to make a tough decision.
edit on 13-4-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

at the start of April I thought the president laid out guidelines that were essentially to stay at home. which I thought most states that didnt have the stay at home orders then put into place.

I think Trump can provide that push and obviously he now has expaned powers with us being under National Emergency.

(Conspiracy ATS memebers we do realize that the president can do just about anything under National Emergency powers right.? I have known so many conspiracy theorist that would rant that being under National Emergency gives unprecendented powers. the president right now is essential Thano with all of the inifinity stones right?) sorry to use a Marvel reference.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jsjAmeicanMo

The elderly and people with underlying health conditions who are MOST suceptible to COVID-19? How much is their "earning capability" that it would casue a 'large economical loss"? It would be a HUGE psychological loss to the other millions not dead.

Yes, the majority of those who will die are elderly or have an underlying condition. Some will also be wealthy beyond the average.

But a lot of medical personnel who aren't elderly or otherwise compromised, have died. Because they were repeatedly exposed.

If the virus is allowed to replicate unchecked, there will be an arithmetic increase in points of exposure and therefore escalating numbers of deaths, even among those that are not elderly, or do not have an underlying condition. It is all about the numbers of exposures.

edit on 13/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Everything opens May 1, 2020. Go with herd immunity from there.
The data is being made to look and feel scary creating extra fear.

Look at this link go to the bottom and look how many people die to all communicable diseases which does not include the annual flu.
WORLD METER

Do the math, over 1 million people are dying around the world every month. Lot's of people are dying anyways, they always have been, tracking the data and having it in the media is just scaring people.

I had the worst influenza of my entire life in 2014, I felt like I was dying, and had it gotten worse I might have been on a incubator. 650,000 people can die to this every year, 30 million get it and have various stages of systems from minor to life ending. This is not new. One nurse said they are super busy because of an abundance of hypochondriacs has surfaced but they don't actually have COVID-19

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Hypochondriacs? Thanks for the enlightenment now I finally know why the hospitals in my area are running out of body bags.

posted on May, 12 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It seems that the all mighty Hammer of the state is coming down on those that do you want to reopen.

Is this going to transfrom into a fredom and liberty issue.

thehill.com...

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The video that states the truth -- lock down isn't a solution will only cause more waves.

We have a pandemic from 1 lab/bat -- Social distancing and masks will do the same thing.

unfortunately corona virus have all been winter flu let those with expert fields tell you

have fun following the links and data for yourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join