It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My hospital, #1 in my state, laying off 900 employees due to Covid-19

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But hospitals are overwhelmed with virus patients.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My sister works in a hospital and is getting furloughed. What people do not understand is that there is NO Elective Procedures being allowed at the hospital. Hospitals are trying to keep everyone they can out of the hospital so that they can treat COVID patients. There are still shortages of gowns and some other basic equipment.

Thus, hospitals do not need their usual staffing numbers. Keeping people away from hospitals is a way to slow the transmission of the virus. When this situation ends there will be high demands for many health care procedures. Included in this is dentistry. Dentistry uses gloves, and shields and gowns and facemasks. Better to stock pile these supplies for the current pandemic.

Realize this is an all or nothing situation. You scale everything back so that nothing occurs. Otherwise the hospitals would be in a position to be overrun with COVID patients. There is no medical middle ground in this pandemic. That is what needs to be uderstood.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was in a hospital today, doing routine maintenance on elevators, and it was a ghost town. Got the temperature checked and given a mask before entering.

This was in southern Indiana, just north of Louisville, Kentucky.

Saw a board some where that showed maybe 20 patients in the whole place.

It was strange, because the staff was confused and didn't know where anything was.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Same in Germany:
ZeitOnline
German, please use a translator.

They crash the system as we knew it, to transform it into even something worse, even more neo"liberal". Combined with mass surveillance of the people. The law and order fetishists come up with something anti-democratic every day now, they do the Chrchill and never waste a (self-made) crisis as it seems. They tried to force the people to enter the web only by ID verification (Klarnamenpflicht). They are illegally handing out the personal data of allegedly corona infected people to the police and didn´t even stop when they got caught red handed. They are handing out allegedly anonymized data of every spyPhone user to the Robert Koch Institute. They are trying to make the people use "Corona-Apps" on their spyPhones. I bet with the further goal to make people, which don´t want to be part of that surveillance program, look like anti-socials, tinfoil hat wearing weirdos and maybe even "corona-murders".

The profiteers of the situation attack the cash again now, McDonalds (just as one example, the MSM is doing it´s part too) accepts only cash free payment since a week or two here. Because cash money killed billions of people in every really dangerous pandemic? Only the small businesses die now, the big players with their full cash bins are waiting like vultures for hostile takeovers and buying up everything. Money is spend again almost only for the big players, the big corporations like VW and Lufthansa, for example. The little people have to be happy about some credits with up to 7% interest rates. How to pay back a credit if you can´t make money now and your business is going bankrupt because it isn´t allowed to open?

The same politicians and parties which propagated the close down of 60% of all hospitals in Germany not long ago, in collaboration with the Bertelsmann Stiftung, are playing the heroes of the crisis now. The same politicians and parties which sold out everything for 3 cent more profits, only to blow more and more money into shareholders backs but not to spend it for Germany and it´s people. The same neo"liberal" vultures and hyenas which created the biggest and most unfair low-wage country in Europe, the same creatures which created a labour market that steals the peoples life-times to make profits for a few ultra-rich Scrooge McDucks.

Same is for taxes, we pay and pay and pay to make too many politicians, their personal lobbyists and countless but needless hordes of officials happy and spend them an easy life. But everything else is going down, everything else that should have been payed by these taxes. All that money lands in the money bins of a few rich and ultra-rich creatures. Infrastructure, internet, education, health care system and much, much more was sacrificed to the neo"liberal" altar of the big money. Even if it seems that it is better to be in Germany than elsewhere in the world right now, looking at the number of so called corona-deaths, we maybe could have zero problems now, without that neo"liberal" system. We could have docs and nurses that aren´t underpaid but overworked, we could have masks and protective clothing for those in relevant jobs now. We could have enough of everything now. But all that was sacrificed to the money god. And the priests of the neo"liberal" religion pray to us that we have to stay home because Germany doesn´t have masks for it´s taxpaying peoples.

The MSM celebrates everything the state and it´s neo"liberal" system, it´s neo"liberal" politicians are saying and doing. Critical voices? Negative report! The real culprits for the situation now are praised as heroes and allegedly the people are ok with it. They use that virus to hide the transformation from a bad to an even worse system. Worse for billions of people, good for a few creatures and their profits only. We shouldn´t forget Event201, it´s date, the players. All official corona numbers in the western MSM come from that John Hopkins Institute, a player of Event201. Then we have the World Economic Forum, player of Event201. And last but not least, the Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation. I guess most people know what Gates is doing and propagating since decades. I always have to think of the Georgia Guide Stones when i have to think of Gates. And that Gates creature is telling the world now that the world needs a vaccination for every human on this world, otherwise it wouldn´t be possible for people to have mass gathering etc anymore. And 7 Gates corporations are working on a vaccine right now.

It´s a revolution, but a revolution of the "elites" against the people. In the war of the ultra-rich against the rest of the world population.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Thank you for that. It makes sense what you said

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Again the blame will be on the Asian race. STOP FALLING FOR THIER FKONG TRAP. Everything has to do with America. You guys had guns and didn't even use it against the corporate empire such as Monsanto. Judging China will be judging yourself. Asia had already banned GMO from Americans. This biowarfare all start wity fking US becuase the people don't know what the gov is doing since Flu pandemic. I'm tired of all these anti-China rants. I'm staying out of the war because when US start # with the 5 eyes, Russia will get an excuse to armageddon they know they are next after China since MSM. Your proganda are failure to god. The flase prophet ad always been America.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
I'm tired of all these anti-China rants.

Suck it up.

China is one of the few places on earth that can make the United States look sane.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of beurocratic idiocy in action.

What they should have done is simply written up plans of action to very quickly stop all elective procedures very quickly, if and when it because necessary due to an influx of COVID-19 patients.

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Nurses and other staff have had drastic cuts to hours, lots of call offs, asking staff to take time off without pay, and now they are laying off 900 staff. All because there are no patients due to Covid-19. All elective procedures and anything that can be put off has been. There's a small parking lot with maybe 60 spaces, always so packed people park illegally because it's really close to the hospital. It was empty, only 4 cars there when I drove by this morning.

Pay reduction of 20% for leaders, a 15% reduction for salaried employees and anyone not involved in direct patient care will have hours cut. Unprecedented financial losses that make the 07-08 crash look like nothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The NWO folks wanted open borders with a interconnected world supply chain. They wanted to do away with countries and sovereignty so there could be a one world government that could manage and dictate how the "Surfs" were going to live and breed. China with it massive control over its population was something that more than a few admired as it was the human version of an ant colony's drones.

I hope that COVID-19 has placed a dagger in the heart of their NWO utopian plans.

Self sufficiency has always been better for the people and thus a country.

Gordon Brown has urged world leaders to create a temporary form of global government to tackle the twin medical and economic crises caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Gordon Brown Global Government

They will just do it better this time.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Again the blame will be on the Asian race. STOP FALLING FOR THIER FKONG TRAP. Everything has to do with America. You guys had guns and didn't even use it against the corporate empire such as Monsanto. Judging China will be judging yourself. Asia had already banned GMO from Americans. This biowarfare all start wity fking US becuase the people don't know what the gov is doing since Flu pandemic. I'm tired of all these anti-China rants. I'm staying out of the war because when US start # with the 5 eyes, Russia will get an excuse to armageddon they know they are next after China since MSM. Your proganda are failure to god. The flase prophet ad always been America.

I study food chemistry and pharmachology a lot. You do not know the half of it. I am against monsanto. I think their products should be thoroughly reevaluated for use in this country, other European countries have reduced their use and banned it's use preharvest. Our country has boosted use way too high.

China will buy American GMO and glyphosate ridden products and make it into food shipped back to Americans. They do not buy it for their own use. The problem is not with GMO most times, it is with the reason it was GMOed. I try to avoid most GMO products, but it is impossible in America.

This is not China's fault, they have their traditions, we should not be forcing them to comply with our beliefs. The wet markets remind me of the outdoor fishmarkets all over this country. Also, our fish farming is not good, yet lots of liberals choose farmed fish over wild caught, a false belief that that fish is safe and good for us. China's response actually impressed me, so did Japan and South Koreas.

I blame this on too many people flying around the world, it should have just been an epidemic. We can have a pandemic start here too, we should not be flying all over the world. Viruses and bacteria are mutating rapidly in the USA, we could be the source of the next pandemic. If people were only allowed to go travel around on a limited basis, this would not be a problem. I know a guy here who's friend was traveling all over the world for three months, his third to the last stop was China, he was in Italy before that. He tested positive for Covid I heard, he was not even showing much symptoms but because he had a slight cough, they tested him because of his travels. He is going to be ok, but is on a one month quarantine. Too late, he probably spread it to lots of friends he went to see after his trip was over.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm tired of all these anti-China rants.

Suck it up.

China is one of the few places on earth that can make the United States look sane.

I can't argue with that logic.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Same in Germany:
ZeitOnline
German, please use a translator.

They crash the system as we knew it, to transform it into even something worse, even more neo"liberal". Combined with mass surveillance of the people. The law and order fetishists come up with something anti-democratic every day now, they do the Chrchill and never waste a (self-made) crisis as it seems. They tried to force the people to enter the web only by ID verification (Klarnamenpflicht). They are illegally handing out the personal data of allegedly corona infected people to the police and didn´t even stop when they got caught red handed. They are handing out allegedly anonymized data of every spyPhone user to the Robert Koch Institute. They are trying to make the people use "Corona-Apps" on their spyPhones. I bet with the further goal to make people, which don´t want to be part of that surveillance program, look like anti-socials, tinfoil hat wearing weirdos and maybe even "corona-murders".

The profiteers of the situation attack the cash again now, McDonalds (just as one example, the MSM is doing it´s part too) accepts only cash free payment since a week or two here. Because cash money killed billions of people in every really dangerous pandemic? Only the small businesses die now, the big players with their full cash bins are waiting like vultures for hostile takeovers and buying up everything. Money is spend again almost only for the big players, the big corporations like VW and Lufthansa, for example. The little people have to be happy about some credits with up to 7% interest rates. How to pay back a credit if you can´t make money now and your business is going bankrupt because it isn´t allowed to open?

The same politicians and parties which propagated the close down of 60% of all hospitals in Germany not long ago, in collaboration with the Bertelsmann Stiftung, are playing the heroes of the crisis now. The same politicians and parties which sold out everything for 3 cent more profits, only to blow more and more money into shareholders backs but not to spend it for Germany and it´s people. The same neo"liberal" vultures and hyenas which created the biggest and most unfair low-wage country in Europe, the same creatures which created a labour market that steals the peoples life-times to make profits for a few ultra-rich Scrooge McDucks.

Same is for taxes, we pay and pay and pay to make too many politicians, their personal lobbyists and countless but needless hordes of officials happy and spend them an easy life. But everything else is going down, everything else that should have been payed by these taxes. All that money lands in the money bins of a few rich and ultra-rich creatures. Infrastructure, internet, education, health care system and much, much more was sacrificed to the neo"liberal" altar of the big money. Even if it seems that it is better to be in Germany than elsewhere in the world right now, looking at the number of so called corona-deaths, we maybe could have zero problems now, without that neo"liberal" system. We could have docs and nurses that aren´t underpaid but overworked, we could have masks and protective clothing for those in relevant jobs now. We could have enough of everything now. But all that was sacrificed to the money god. And the priests of the neo"liberal" religion pray to us that we have to stay home because Germany doesn´t have masks for it´s taxpaying peoples.

The MSM celebrates everything the state and it´s neo"liberal" system, it´s neo"liberal" politicians are saying and doing. Critical voices? Negative report! The real culprits for the situation now are praised as heroes and allegedly the people are ok with it. They use that virus to hide the transformation from a bad to an even worse system. Worse for billions of people, good for a few creatures and their profits only. We shouldn´t forget Event201, it´s date, the players. All official corona numbers in the western MSM come from that John Hopkins Institute, a player of Event201. Then we have the World Economic Forum, player of Event201. And last but not least, the Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation. I guess most people know what Gates is doing and propagating since decades. I always have to think of the Georgia Guide Stones when i have to think of Gates. And that Gates creature is telling the world now that the world needs a vaccination for every human on this world, otherwise it wouldn´t be possible for people to have mass gathering etc anymore. And 7 Gates corporations are working on a vaccine right now.

It´s a revolution, but a revolution of the "elites" against the people. In the war of the ultra-rich against the rest of the world population.

Your post confirms how I've been feeling, that this is a coordinated (by a very limited number of elitists) and it's not just us in the US - the UK we are hearing the same things and now you mention Germany. A controlled demolition of the global economy and get out of jail free + enjoy this huge money & power grab while you're at it.

Force majeure

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: FredT

Thank you for that. It makes sense what you said

Your welcome. i realize the day to day ops of a hospital are far from sexy but it makes sense that some are idle

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join