It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Cartels, a serious threat??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I live in California, so just my 2 cents, I have probably watched too many Netflex Narco movies, but there is no doubt the cartels are evil. and there are a lot of them. They invaded S, California years ago.

In the Presidents address yesterday, he eluded to a major threat from Mexican cartels. Mexico currently has 26,000 troops on our border. There to help with illegal immigration. However, History has shone time and again, that the Mexican Army is paid off by the cartels.

Mexico has considered a huge part of the Western US as part of Mexico. It is called Atzlan. For some Chicanas/os, Aztlan refers to the Mexican territories annexed by the United States as a result of the Mexican–American War of 1846–1848. Aztlán became a symbol for mestizo activists who believe they have a legal and primordial right to the land. In order to exercise this right, some members of the Chicano movement propose that a new nation be created, a República del Norte.

Will Mexico take this opportunity to strike the US? To reclaim Atzlan? I dont know, but our President was concerned enough to make an announcement in the middle of a pandemic.

Residents of our own country have called for the restoration of Atzlan, and many illegals justify swarming our country by the mind set that they are returning to their lands.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Its an interesting thought, with borders being closed during the Pandemic, how is this affecting the drug cartels? Is this stopping them from moving their product? But also from watching Narcos, the cartels have innovative ways to ship their drugs. Maybe their in the ventilators? (sorry bad joke)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Have a look at the current COVID-19 statistics. I imagine, from the figures, that Mexico must have closed their Northern border.

The Mexican army are probably just there to defend Mexico from the American 'illegals' that will be trying to escape from America.

Sad irony.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If the Cartels ever did this it would be their deathwish not only to them but also to the country of Mexico.

If there was ever an invasion it would need to have some type of help from the Mexican Gov. If that were to happen I don't think the POTUS would waste to much time raining hell down on Mexico.

With the issue going on with the Pandemic if a real serious threat were to show itself on our own border the retribution would be swift and severe. The only question would be what would be left and would the US consider taking over parts of Mexico that were not destroyed or just leave the citizens to fight on their own when it is all said and done.

It is an interesting thought but the chances of this happening are slim to none.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Its an interesting thought, with borders being closed during the Pandemic, how is this affecting the drug cartels? Is this stopping them from moving their product? But also from watching Narcos, the cartels have innovative ways to ship their drugs. Maybe their in the ventilators? (sorry bad joke)

I am on the other side of the pond but from what we have seen so far of the cartel's, not just the Mexican but south american drug cartels and crime syndicates in general I very much doubt that even closing the border is really going to stop the trade, the small players will be affected but not the likes of those that are producing Narco Submarines and digging state of the art very deep tunnels that may only surface in the US miles into US territory so as to avoid patrol's, I mean some of them have the financial power of nation's as well as often ruling nations behind the scene's and owning the official leaders through bribery and threat.

My belief is that in the Americas the Drug Cartel's probably pose the single greatest threat to your nation and also to life and liberty of those living in south america itself.

But remember your own CIA has already had it's own hand in that trade and so you have to ask yourself how many of these cartel's are actually at least partially working for them.

Maybe today's CIA is clean but then again maybe not, just how deep did that rot go and how much may still be in the system.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Whats happening in Mexico is Mexico's problem.

As for the cartel related crime in the United States, I blame the War on Drugs for perpetuating violence as the Prohibition did with alcohol.

And I blame gun control which removes the right of the people to defend themselves.

edit on 2-4-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

what you say is very true

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Cartels are hurting bad. Most of their synthetic drugs were supplied by China which has dried up. Some estimates are 80% reduction from what I read. Not sure what that means long term but I imagine their numbers will start dropping along with drug abuse, gun violence and human trafficking in the US. The virus, as bad as it is could weaken the Cartel operations so bad it would take years to recover. That stimulus money has to be a sigh of relief to them. Some of that will be going directly for drug purchases.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The mexican government has a hard time fighting the Cartels as it is , they lack the manpower and organisation to do it.

How will they beat the most advanced military in the world ?

Don't think you have to worry about them rolling in Atzlan , they got their hands full as it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

There is no umerica without the cartels.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
A lot of people think Californias Politicians are in the pockets of the cartels. Pelosi, Schiff, and they are always advocating for open borders, they probably have their own agenda, but if true, then how willing will they be to stand up to the cartels?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I agree, the CIA has contributed to the massive problem. And how willing will they be to protect Americans asses or will they protect their own assets?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Well I know where I work I'm not seeing any junkies on the streets...nor do I see the normal dealers outside my agency

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Its time for the war on drugs to become real.
It will be great stimulus for the military. And it can start in California.
And continue south.
Imagine if the US helped Mexico clean out the cartels, and supported Mexico's government, people, and economy.
I can see a time when America wants to make the kind of useful tech in Mexico that is has been so used to buying from China: Lots of jobs in Mexico.
And it will be in our interests to control the cartels (CIA opps on steroids)
But first the case has to be made to the people that these cartels and their drugs are a big enough threat.

I think they are
X

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I believe that the president was worried about the cartels being able to somewhat still be able to operate still in some capacity, not only with drugs but human trafficking because they make a lot of money with human trafficking and getting them over the border.
And due to this still happening because the Mexican military/authorities take pay offs from the cartels, he's worried about possibly sick people and terrorists getting through illegally and then causing all sorts of issues.

As far as Mexico making a move for the land they think is their's, I don't believe that will happen. The usa would NOT put up with that, and they would put an immediate stop to it

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Underground, light aircraft and small submarines are the way to smuggle and they know this.

It's like child magic ....watch my left hand as my right hand fools you. Works like a charm on governments.

edit on 2-4-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

top topics

join