It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CoViD is this generation's World War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I get what you're saying, but the comparison is just wrong. Nobody here is downplaying the disease, but comparing having to stay at home on unemployment and getting drafted to go halfway around the world to kill or be killed is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen
Hopefully this does not become this generations depression a total world collapse.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Agreed. I know this is completely lost on readers; so I didn't express myself well.

I was thinking about where this is going, rather than where it is to start with. IF our numbers are in line with projections on a per-capita basis, the spread for this thing is 3 million dead. But change it by a percentage point or two and we are looking at 7 or 8 million dead.

ALL the numbers assume that we'll have a vaccine in 18 months. If we don't have a vaccine by next winter, by next flu season, we could be looking at this thing all over again. There is evidence that surviving this disease does not grant immunity. "Like a cold" in that way.

A world war changes everything for the generation that fights it. I think this disease may change everything for this generation. And that may take a huge level of sacrifice. Beyond being locked up with your family for a month.

That was my point.

I think by the time this is under control, people you know and love will have died.

<< 1   >>

join