It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicides Totalling More Than Virus Victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I wonder. Not everyone will get the virus, but everyone is affected by the economy going bust. So you got a whole lot of people suddenly with no income, no medical coverage, losing their jobs and businesses, isolated from other people.

Sounds like a recipe for a lot of suicides to me. Will we ever get those statistics? Probably not, just like the figures for COVID deaths compared to ordinary flu season deaths. Because that would definitely show the "cure" to be as bad as or worse than the actual disease.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Oh don't worry. We'll get lots of EXPERTS and empty words when we get to that point(when the media says its important), in the meantime we need to worry about this KILLER VIRUS decimating the planet.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I drive a wrecker and listen to the scanner all day. There seems to have been an increase of attempted suicides around here. It sounds more like Thanksgiving and Christmas time on the scanner right now rather than spring.

Don't mistake what I'm saying. When I say an increase I do not mean hundreds of people are suddenly trying to kill themselves. Just an increase from what is typical this time of year.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Rush was wrong..... deal with it.

You would not want to see the economy if we didn't flatten the infection curve.
edit on 22-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think this will hit very hard with people with mental disabilities that have no support system and they no longer can get into the mental wards in the hospital.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Hi, i hope everything is well for you in Japan. I wanted to ask you, I am Angie coin collector and was looking for some coins that may be in shops over there. When this is all over, can we make an arrangement to see what 19th and 20th century silver/gold coins are selling for . I have seen some interesting dynasty ones from 1800's in a bimetal rectangular shape.

Would be cool to know what else is out there.

Cheers mate

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: musicismagic
Hi, i hope everything is well for you in Japan. I wanted to ask you, I am Angie coin collector and was looking for some coins that may be in shops over there. When this is all over, can we make an arrangement to see what 19th and 20th century silver/gold coins are selling for . I have seen some interesting dynasty ones from 1800's in a bimetal rectangular shape.

Would be cool to know what else is out there.

Cheers mate

Actually we live near a place that deals in such stuff. Not sure if it will survive what we are going through. PM with your email address and I'll stay in touch with you. Its getting a bit hectic at the moment or otherwise I'd stop in and get his business card. I'll see if he has some kind of info on his door, if so I'll take a picture of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Who cares about people who kill them selfs.
Only the Flu in inportant.
end of days?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Mixed in with the crawl at the bottom of the screen repeating ad nauseam is the National Suicide Hotline. Has the Governor and media sown such discord and fear that people are becoming suicidal to avoid the horrors and ravages of not being able to wipe the proper way with toilet paper?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

If that's the worst of their problems, it might be for the best. Me? I'm getting proficient with a rag on a stick.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If you’re using a stick your probably going too deep 👍a reply to: BoscoMoney

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I haven't gotten around to "poop knife" yet. Apparently some families have one.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Mixed in with the crawl at the bottom of the screen repeating ad nauseam is the National Suicide Hotline. Has the Governor and media sown such discord and fear that people are becoming suicidal to avoid the horrors and ravages of not being able to wipe the proper way with toilet paper?

So we can expect a few paperback novels in the near future
that chronicle these trying times in regards to such horrors as

The TP suicides?
or
A dip stick to deep?
or
Poop knife 2020?

I'm selling these titles BTW.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Murder, suicide, lack of treatment, the mental issues that develops with isolation...we're up # creek without a paddle.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Just look at India when Monsanto destroyed all those farms, they where drinking the round-up to commit suicide.

It's coming soon people - suicide by cop in America when people lose it?

join