It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightly "chat" threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have a vague recollection(story of my life) that there was a chat feature here?

Now, I'm sure there was plenty of attempts to revive it, iirc. But given that a lot of people will be indoors and have only limited means of communication/entertainment.

I'd find it interesting if there could be a nightly chat post(by any member) as long as it was posted at a "nightly" time and was only meant for random discussions. Nothing major or specific, but if most posts would atleast be a few paragraphs and not just quips and blurbs. Might be interesting to see the parallel discussions taking place.

I'm sure it would be nothing official, but being nightly, maybe anything after 7 or 8PM in any US time zone. Start a thread and just see if anyone wants to dump random thoughts/discussions into it. Hopefully mostly lighthearted stuff devoid of covid and politics?

If it was kept to one thread a night, within the given time frame, it would seem it would be present to most on the new topics list and maybe be a nice focal point for just general chit chat for those "weathering" the isolation of our current situation.
edit on 18-3-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Like all threads on ATS it would attract trolls that want nothing more than to destroy a good thing.

We used to have a chat room but the trolls destroyed it and the powers that be shut it down.

There also used to be BTS where you could discuss more light hearted subjects...and then it was gone.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Maybe we should set up a Discord for ATS members?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I apparently can't quote posts in this thread(tried a dozen times), so

Olaru, I'd hope most could temper themselves enough to be no trollish.

Metal, I can't imagine if someone set that up it would be allowed to be referenced here.

All the political nonsense and "our sides" crap aside. I'm sure people would just like to chat to some degree, especially now.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I thought the cliques that formed were what destroyed it. If you weren't part of the cool kids crowd you were not made to feel welcomed whatsoever.

IMO that type of behaviour deserves the trolls

a reply to: olaru12

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I thought the cliques that formed were what destroyed it. If you weren't part of the cool kids crowd you were not made to feel welcomed whatsoever.

IMO that type of behaviour deserves the trolls

a reply to: olaru12

Yes, it was very cliquish sort of like the mudpit is now. Someone needs to hose the mud pit down the floors are getting all slippery.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This sort of thing ^^^^^^^ is what did it in....

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

I just woke up in the middle of the night, very weird dream...

It probably is in the middle of the day in say china...

It's always night somewhere on the globe...

NC

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm on discord every night gaming with friends.
Its always toxic fun.
I can't imagine what it might be like with ATS members.

It is worth a try,
would it have a MOD?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
There also used to be BTS where you could discuss more light hearted subjects...and then it was gone.

No, it just got relabelled to "Off-topic" (and given its own Recent Posts page), and you're posting in it now.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Maybe we should set up a Discord for ATS members?

Discord is for Millennials, teamspeak anyone?
edit on 19-3-2020 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

top topics

join