It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 lowering fever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It seems like there is possible risk when use common drugs like paracetamol,ibuprofen ,commonly used NSAIDs for Covid-19.

These drugs lower,deplete glutathione, the bodys master antioxidant, which happens to be very important for lungs also. Glutathione has many functions...not just antioxidant. It help`s immuno system also, it is like a food for immuno cells.

So with a scenario where patient X get Covid-19, and start having fewer and then start taking paracetamol or ibuprofen etc for lowering fever, if taking paracetamol continues several days, the side effect can be depleted glutathione. And some people who have allready health problems may have lowered glutathione status even before getting Covid-19.

I would say that with serious Covid-19 condition,and being depleted of glutathione is dangerous. Covid-19 is known to cause major inflammatory response, even cytokine storm in the lung tissues, so every glutathione molecule would be helpfull.

Paracetamol depletes glutathione

Why You Shouldn’t Use Ibuprofen

Fight Infection with Glutathione

Essential Glutathione: The Mother of All
Antioxidants

I sometimes take paracetamol if have headache, it helps....but with lung infection? Not sure do i want to take the risk, or then make sure you suplement glutathione to body same ( apart from drugs few hours ) day to help keeping the levels up , like liposomal glutathione for example.

Any suggestions about alternative remedys for fever ?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

It seems the best remedy is lots of good food, stick to organic if you can, lots of honey, leafy greens garlic ginger and turmeric etc..

My limited medical knowledge tells me to stay away from pharmaceuticals and build my immune system.

Thx for the tip t the other day when we were chatting about chronic fatigue a gut health, hopefully she heads the advice and gives it a go.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Apple Cider Vinegar, or even simple vinegar for that matter. True and tested, raised two kids with it, never gave them any drugs to lower fever.
Soak your socks in vinegar, if you are sensitive you can make half vinegar-half water, put them on and leave them on until dry. Better get in bed and try to sleep. Guarantee in 20 min the fever will recede, any fever.
For heavy colds with headaches you can also make a head compress with the same half water - half vinegar.
Works like magic.

ETA: up to this day my kids hate the smell of vinegar lol but is worth it; they are strong and healthy.
edit on 18-3-2020 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It seems the best remedy is lots of good food, stick to organic if you can, lots of honey, leafy greens garlic ginger and turmeric etc..

My limited medical knowledge tells me to stay away from pharmaceuticals and build my immune system.

Thx for the tip t the other day when we were chatting about chronic fatigue a gut health, hopefully she heads the advice and gives it a go.

garlic and honey is very important
don't buy chinese garlic though
spain garlic is ok and should be available in your stores
stay away from cheap chinese garlic, please, most of it is grown in hog #te gardens

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I buy Australian garlic...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I also try to keep away from pharmaceuticals, only exeption is a nasty headache
Yes good food is importaqnt and those you mentioned are highly important.

I had actually years wiew that it is not even good to reduce fever generally, as it is bodys own immuno defence against pathogens , well it the fever goes to insane ..too high but i would tend to let it burn

yeeh well hopefully she will get boost , i know that the hopelessness alone is huge burden..liposomal glutathione and living silica ,magnesium malate would help also heavy metal and aluminium toxicity...but it`s a money issue also to buy.

edit on 18-3-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

I did not know apple cider vinegar lowers fever, i sometimes use it but i think i dont have it right now....going to buy it now and keep it for in case needing lowering fever. Thanks WhiteHat

Also chelates aluminium

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yeeh .. cheap chinese garlic , really creepy stuf

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Yeah I think the hopelessness is the driving factor to getting worse, I think she's so muddled now there's no differentiating between a placebo and something that actually help long term.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Something i discovered along the way, the patient support group web sites were really something that did not give hope...or they were even giving a message that is quite discouraging. I had more success by alone with own protocol..the support groups are not helpfull IMO and ask donations without really giving the solution .

I think body detoxification and giving all nutrients and maybe avoiding EMF is the key...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I tend to look for anecdotal evidence for seemingly incurable and misunderstood illness, I appreciate your replies and I can only hope she tries it for her sake.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The tried and true tepid shower and cold packs.

I agree tho that as long as your fever isn't above 102 and you have no other complications it is best to let your body deal with virus by letting the fever burn.

Why a Fever is Your Friend

Senior researchers Profs. David Rand and Mike White led teams of mathematicians and biologists to understand what happens at cellular level when fever takes hold.
Their findings, which have recently been published in PNAS, reveal that higher body temperatures drive the activity of certain proteins that, in turn, switch genes responsible for the body’s immune response on and off, as required

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

As a side note:. NAC ( n acetyl cysteine) can be purchased in pill form.

A sulfur-containing amino acid that aids in the formation of glutathione.

Hospitals use it to treat paracetamol/acetaminophen overdose, and to loosen thick mucus in the lungs.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Really interesting , the temperature seem to effect much more than i thought. I had some really cold showers earlyer and
it seemed to also have good effects. Now i am keeping a break with cold showers, becouse of the WuFlu...

Fever and dry cough seem to be the 2 most common symptom with WuFlu

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

cool, damp towels wrapped around the ankles

I've seen it work for other fevers.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

A towel is the most important item a Hitchhiker can carry

Towel

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Paracetamol is not NSAID drug, it is liver toxic and should only take 3 times a day 1g not more unless doctor orders differently. Paracetamol is a drug for pain ( non inflammatory ) and fever.

NSAID drugs are inflammatory drugs

NSAID
aspirin
celecoxib (Celebrex)
diclofenac (Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex)
diflunisal (Dolobid - discontinued brand)
etodolac (Lodine - discontinued brand)
ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil)
indomethacin (Indocin)
ketoprofen (Active-Ketoprofen [Orudis - discontinued brand])
ketorolac (Toradol - discontinued brand)
nabumetone (Relafen - discontinued brand)
naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
oxaprozin (Daypro)
piroxicam (Feldene)
salsalate (Disalsate [Amigesic - discontinued brand])
sulindac (Clinoril - discontinued brand)
tolmetin (Tolectin - discontinued brand)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thanks for clarifying Dollukka

Btw i get stomach/gut pains from NSAID drugs, they are not gut friendly...at least for me.

top topics

join