It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Australia: Queensland researchers find ‘cure’, want drug trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm hearing about websites on Corona that are delivering a virus of their own. Be careful what you click on.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo
a reply to: putnam6

Being safe to give to a human, and it being effective, are two different things.

Thousands upon thousands of drugs are effective in vitro and useless in vivo.

Wake me when we have actual controlled trials.

~aside~ I'm not trying to be negative... I'm being realistic...

and ya just moved the goalposts LOL typical...

Allegedly they are using it's been used in China as well, Australia has had success. Everywhere else is just now getting hit where they can get enough patients to try it on. LOL, you tell me if you were on a ventilator you wouldn't want to give it a shot? Sure it's got protocols to go through but this at least sounds better than just preventative measures

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I'm hearing about websites on Corona that are delivering a virus of their own. Be careful what you click on.

Yes Ive heard that too, instead of clicking link copy and paste it here to see if its malware, a lot of them are.

Check Websites here

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Being safe to give to a human, and it being effective, are two different things.

Allegedly they are using it's been used in China as well, Australia has had success. Everywhere else is just now getting hit where they can get enough patients to try it on. LOL, you tell me if you were on a ventilator you wouldn't want to give it a shot? Sure it's got protocols to go through but this at least sounds better than just preventative measures

I didn't move anything.

Your title says "found cure".

I'm just relaying how that is utter bollocks.

I want us to find an answer to this as much as you do.

I'm just reminding you that just because something kills a virus in a tube, it doesn't (and almost never) means it's going to work in a human.

We've known they've been using this for months. It was part of the regiment that used the HIV med at the same time.

I'm not telling you not to have it on hand. Probably a really good idea, Just in case...

Just stop taking it when you start going blind...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
this is already known and has been mentioned via various news sources I watch. I believe Trump even mentioned it or alluded to it during one of his press conferences.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
will this work for colds as well?

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I didn't move anything.

Your title says "found cure".

I'm just relaying how that is utter bollocks.

I want us to find an answer to this as much as you do.

I'm just reminding you that just because something kills a virus in a tube, it doesn't (and almost never) means it's going to work in a human.

We've known they've been using this for months. It was part of the regiment that used the HIV med at the same time.

I'm not telling you not to have it on hand. Probably a really good idea, Just in case...

Just stop taking it when you start going blind...

LOL its not my title and it's already shown it works in people they used it for again though it wasn't recorded in a controlled way, now they need use it on more patients and establish best protocols to potentially use it. And I say again you or a loved one on a ventilator you wouldn't try this regimen. What was it that Joe Biden told that girl a few weeks ago ? LOL.

Sure they got to test it more but at least it's something

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

One of the things that make this corona virus "novel" is that it has segments of HIV DNA spliced into it (along with some SARS). These segments allow it to avoid detection by the immune system and infect cells easier. So it make sense to me why certain HIV treatments might work.

So it is true that HIV sequences were detected in Covid-19? I did a search the other day the the results mostly seemed to be articles about how CV19 is more of a threat to people with HIV. Looks like Google might be demoting more relevant results. What I also find really strange is that I literally wrote this yesterday: "When CV19 first appeared there were rumors that it matched with HIV sequences, and it would make a lot of sense to fear this virus more if it were capable of causing long term issues. I don't know what the truth is but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to debunk this theory since the full sequence for CV19 is publicly available".

The2Billies also said yesterday that a person in Spain was "cured" with AIDS drugs. I did some searching on that and found a Spanish article written on Feb 2nd. Here is a portion of the article put through Google translate:

An experimental treatment, based on one of the most used drugs against AIDS for more than a decade, has been the option chosen by the doctors of the Virgen del Rocío hospital in Seville to successfully treat the first case of contagion registered in Spain in the SARS-CoV-2 (Miguel Ángel Benítez, 62 years old). This is the application of lopinavir / ritonavir, also used to prevent HIV, together with interferon beta, a protein that helps cells not be infected, according to health sources confirmed to EL PAÍS.
Santiago Moreno, head of infectious diseases at the Ramón y Cajal hospital (Madrid) explains that "the SARS-CoV-2 protease is very similar to that of HIV." "This enzyme is essential for the virus to replicate. The combination of lopinavir and ritonavir inhibits it and blocks HIV. The results that we know so far of its use against the coronavirus are encouraging, "he says.

Interferon beta, the other drug used in Seville, has a different mechanism of action. It is one of the so-called signaling proteins that naturally occur in human cells when they are infected by a virus. "The goal is to alert other cells, thus developing greater resistance to infection," says Bosch. Some Wuhan hospitals have also used the treatment used in Virgen del Rocío for coronavirus patients, according to several communications published in scientific journals, although again "the evidence on its effectiveness is scarce," experts say.

Un fármaco contra el sida tiene éxito en la cura del primer contagio por coronavirus

It's starting to look to me like this has been known for some time and could be why governments are taking such drastic measures to prevent it spreading. There's still no way to know if it has long term symptoms because it's a new virus but I think there's a high probability it wont stay in the body forever. This does explain a lot though, I knew there had to be some other reason for such an absurd reaction to a virus with flu-like symptoms. Considering that these Australian researchers are also getting very good results with HIV treatments it seems like the truth is becoming clearer. From the OP's article:

“Our doctors were very, very surprised that a HIV drug could actually work against the novel coronavirus and there was a bit of scepticism,” he said. “That first wave of Chinese patients we had (in Australia), they all did very, very well when they were treated with the HIV drug. “That’s reassuring … that we’re onto something really good here.”

edit on 16/3/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Whats interesting and hopeful is that they are existing drugs that shouldn't have to go through too many steps for a protocol to be established. Or at least that's my understanding. Here's hoping

They say they have to do a controlled test to really see if it works.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

So it is true that HIV sequences were detected in Covid-19?

Some of the early reports from civilian labs had that information and was the reason it was called "novel". Also at the time, they found it hard to believe it was a natural mutation based on the sequence. I suspect the military bio-labs guys knew about this one for a long time already and that this virus is the most lethal one yet, the best one to come off the design board, the top of the line so far.

Are these reports true? Who can be sure, however, I believe early reports over later ones in serious situations like war reporting, civil disturbances, or a large scale crisis. Even though they may be "unverified", the early reports haven't been run through the propaganda machine and "corrected" yet.
edit on 17-3-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: acrux

So it works!

www.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join