It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark times ahead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

They are preaching isolationism, this will not be like the crash of 1929, the world was thrown into the depression. They were able to come together to comfort each other where this virus says isolation. So if everything goes to hell it will be a lonely isolationism filled with suspicion and fear. The brave new world will be ...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
stock market is an inter-nationalist SCAM.
who gives a rats ass if some millionaire loses his company.

and if you are stupid enough to GAMBLE on the market, and lose your money, thats on you as well.

the r0thschilds accumulated even more wealth, when they manipulated the stock market in victorian times. the fact there was a stock market back then, and the fact the inter-nationalists ran it then, as they own and do it now, tells me everything i need to know about it.

so when i see people post 'omg the stock market...'

that tells me, you are doing what you are told, and to think 'they' are important.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I watched an address with UK Prime Minister Borris Johnson the other day (early hours), and I noticed, and have said to people, that there was fear in his voice, and he seemed visibly shaken.

The joking about has ended.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

We live in interesting times people. It's time to get out the big boy pants. The panic and human reaction will be worse than the virus. I think the virus is going to kill a lot of the old, weak and infirm. I have a grandchild due in 17 days. I worry about the women in my family the most. Honestly, the faster it burns through the better off we will be. Several people at work have had the same thought as me. I would rather have the virus now when there is medical help rather than waiting until the system is clogged. My middle son is in college and they are closing schools in NC where i live. He is about to graduate this Spring. The virus is one thing, the disruption because of the virus fears is far more impacting on most people lives. But this kind of thing makes us tougher and more wise in the long run. This time next year will be MUCH better.

V

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

This is a great time to be an investor in anything. This situation is going to millions of more millionaires globally and further enrich many large organizations.

I am not cheering this but stating a fact as many will live on to take advantage of the situation. I also believe this was a orchestrated event.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

If you don't have skin in the game (a 401k or other investment account with a diversified portfolio) you are lower or "working class." If you are "middle-class" in the US, you already understand how compound interest works and likely have one or more investment accounts/skin in the game.

It has nothing to do with the "r0thschilds," whatever-the-hell that is supposed to signify. It has to do with basic multiplication and medium to long-term planning. Rooting against both is rooting against reality.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Our elders and folks that worked their entire lives paving the way for you to have your basement and internet would disagree with your disrespectful ungrateful attitude. Be it volatile and as you say ' a gamble ' the stock market has paved the way for having a decent retirement and nest egg when retirement comes along. Even with the stock market being nuts at the moment if you have been investing for more than a few years you are still netting more than a savings account or gold or silver would bring.

And yes if you trade the peaks and valleys from day to day and have the gut and a little luck you have netted quite a bit on the volatility of the markets.

People these days are so jealous of others and feel life is not fair don't understand how good they have it now in comparison to those that have come before us and paid their dues. I would hate to see us attempt to fight a world war with all the entitled life's not fair whiners of today.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I can definitely see your angle there we can all find a conspiracy in near about everything. What would be shocking if we on ats were right just 25 percent of the time? I've been lurking here since 2007 ish posted a few times forgot my info recreated. But the thousands of things that make you go hmmm can't be ignored.

But to reaffirm I don't go out on a limb often but somethings got normally chipper, no backing down, brashness Trump's eyes different tonight and it is definitely something we are going to know when we see.

Trump is also an actor you know.
I think when it suits his purpose he goes in to character.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

...I think the virus is going to kill a lot of the old, weak and infirm.

My Missus has a lung disease, and I'm certain that I have COPD on some level - I'm concerned, I'm not ready to orphan our kids just yet.

We're taking precautions,

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I must admit, aside from the potential for our wedding to be rescheduled or cancelled due to the outbreak in Italy, I am trying not to worry or panick.

That said, I am keeping myself well informed and up to date on the current situation incase the proverbial turd hits the spinning blades.

My partner and I were watching Trump's address and it seemed like he was trying not to cry, his eyes were watery and his voice broke on occasion. Don't think I have seen him like that before!

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It has become real, at least for me.

Yesterday (to no one’s real surprise) COVID-19 was officially declared to be a “pandemic”. OK. Then things started happening, whether out of mass hysteria/panic doesn’t really matter, that I never, EVER, thought I’d see. Travel bans on Europe, professional sports ending their seasons, the stock market in an apparent free-fall.

And the government is even considering delaying income tax collection past April without penalties!...Oh. My. God!

Yes, I watched Trump’s address last night (with the sound off and closed-captioning on b/c I find his voice grating), and yes, something seemed “off” to me as well. Trump was not elected for his great oratory skills. In fact, some would say just the opposite; he’s a “plain speaker”, they would say.

But, in times past, when forced to “read from the script”, he’s managed to do so well enough. Last night’s “script”, however, was a mess. And a number of conservative pundits have commented as such.

His speechwriters seemed to have dropped the ball: the words were there, but they were unusually (especially for a crisis situation) banal, and somehow not as convincing(?) as usual.

I did, later, actually listen to a part of the address, and he did sound...subdued? But, under the circumstances perhaps that is to be expected?

Although, does it seem to anyone else that he seems to be hitting the “bronzer” a bit hard these days?

Anyway, all things above have me considering whether I should quit my part-time, post-retirement job as a tax preparer.

I don’t really need to work, as I have a quite sufficient pension. I certainly don’t need the close public contact my job entails.

And, I am the primary caregiver to my 86 year old mother, who has a heart condition and other pre-existing medical issues.

Although I’m not really worried about being infected, myself, I am absolutely concerned that I might pass on an infection to her as a result of an exposure I received on my job.

I wonder how many others face this decision; and how many of them do not have the luxury of my option.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Dark times ahead? With a Corona virus on the loose? Isn't that a halo of light? If the MSM is pushing fear I push back. If there were real reason to fear the MSM wouldn't bother. Many countries have 0 cases, big countries. Russia had less than 10 i believe. These figures are being massaged in an enormous way. Pandemics don't respect national borders so the random spread around the planet strikes me as unnatural.

I believe some countries are covering it up.. or simply aren't testing at all..

North Korea
Russia
Iran
Indonesia
Yes, China

These are just a few countries that come to mind..

I think a real good picture of a typical out break would be South Korea and Italy.. Both seem to have been transparent with their data.
I am wondering if the different outcomes can be factored by different strains of the virus..

Of course they're covering it up.

What they can't hide (at least in China) is the thermal temps skyrocketing in the areas where they're burning bodies 24/7.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Dark times ahead.

I'm not a survivalist. I don't have the knowledge to survive like you guys have, then again, I live in a country where being a survivalist is pretty much moot, considering how small the the landmass is. Yes, it has its countryside, quite beautiful really, but the widest point from the West coast to the East coast is only 271 miles, and we are 1000 miles long. Unlike America, with its large expanses of underpopulated areas, Britain has little room on its main landmass to practice survivalism.

I agree that there are dark times ahead. Different times, times that will change your perception on what it means to be a nation. Here I am, in little old England, and I don't recognize it anymore, it doesn't feel like the England I grew up in. I feel like an alien in an alien place.

I know what it is, perceptions and viewpoints have shifted, mindsets are a lot different now, and as Hartley once wrote in his book, the Go-Between, "The past is a different country, they did things differently there." I could paraphrase him and write that I did not understand that the 'future, too, is a different country, and they will do things differently there.' I'm a product of my time, and I cannot move with the times and change the mindset my life experience gave me. So I now live in a present between the past I was not a part of, and a future where I don't want to belong.

If societies collapsed all around the world, I know that even with having an excellent faculty of good common sense I would not last long. I don't have the skill sets to forage whilst living a nomadic life. If society collapsed, you couldn't stay in one place, except perhaps, a sparsely populated island off the main landmass (which should be a target to set your sights on). While all the systems are in place and functioning stably, people will live alongside each other in relative peace and cooperation, but when they collapse, my God, do we have it in for each other, or what? To be honest, having reached 60 years of age, I'm not sure if I would want to survive and abide within a crumbled society. I'm sure that when things do go, the amount of people who will choose self-euthanasia as a means of controlled escape will probably be quite high.

The elites are striving to stave off a collapse, they know that all they are doing is flogging a dying horse, and they know they can't save everyone, so I suspect that they have and are taking steps to ensure they and the people they need to rebuild a society will have some sanctuary of safety to go to when it all falls down? One thing is for sure, the world of the New World Order won't be a world of 7 billion plus people, that world just regurgitates the same problems for sharing natural resources.

From a paranoid perspective, once could say that the current virus pandemic, blown way out of proportion so that they can invoke emergency powers and control people through draconian measures, is a test run of the main means of how to cull the human race to population numbers which the earth can easily provide for? Cause a pandemic, bring in draconian laws, rules and regulations, invoke benign martial law, and have everyone stay in their homes, and then hit them with a real killer virus that is fatal to anyone, young and old, delivered by various means to the households. This would help with the clean up afterwards, because most people will have died in a place that can be burned there and then. No collection of bodies, and a reduction in the spread of diseases.

Do you think our species is too 'human' to commit such an global atrocity? That our governments are too much against each other to carry out such a nefarious and audacious plan of action? I think not. Last century elites killed nearly 500 million world-wide, and there were even attempts to basically (on an industrial scale) wipe out of existence entire cultures. I'm sure if you go further back in history you will find instances where it has occurred. No. Once the rationale becomes a fixed belief, our species can commit any atrocity against itself.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

If there's no darkness there's no need for light.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Come on everybody that was paying attention to things knew something was going to happen in March.

And here we are. My money was out 7 weeks ago

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

If there's no darkness there's no need for light.

I have no need for light.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

You in Scotland with me, because most of Scotland is wilderness with less than 6 million inhabitants. I live by the coast, a 90 minute drive to Galloway Forrest or a 2 and a half hour drive north to the highlands. But for now I would stick to the coast, the beach is 200 yards from my door. Plenty of food out there, and luckily we are coming into spring, so my garden is getting turned into an allotment this year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join