It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dream But An Interesting Concept

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Last night I had a dream that would fall under a moderate Sci-Fi if you wanted to assign a genre. And to be honest it wasn’t that great of an adventure nor story. But there was a concept that was in there that really stuck out when I woke up this morning.

One of the women on the bridge crew had been replaced by a clone (of the instantly that age variety like a replication than a true clone). But the genetic sample used was from when the woman was four months pregnant and had originally had an abortion. So the replaced clone of the bridge officer was pregnant (and I guess went full term, dream didn’t last that long) rather that abort as the original had.

What really struck me as odd (and hence the thread) is the question of would that actually happen? The argument of the old Star Trek transporters is that they are death pods that replace you after destroying you. But if the sample used for a reconstruction was From earlier, would it reconstruct a pregnancy? Or even significant life threatening injuries if that was the sample in the database?

I know, leave it to me to get hung up on an odd detail rather than enjoying a space battle orbiting an unknown alien world or whatever the dream was actually about.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Well if you're playing by Star Trek rules, then yes. Wasn't there an episode of TNG where some crew transported and came back as children? And I think DS9 transported a fetus? Voyager is very hazy to me, but I think there was an ep where Neelix got pregnant with a Chakotay fetus?

Otherwise If you're cloning a pregnancy you probably need two sets of DNA and a transporter accident to make that happen. And maybe a bit of Romulan ale.

edit on 8-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

Well in TNG, Dr. Pulaski was cured of a disease that way...so probably the basis of this reversed abortion concept.

Dreams are weird in the way they unravel everything you have ever encountered. I had a dream a month ago or so in which a Chinese guy wouldn’t accept money for a transaction because the total was $12.12, turns out I had apparently read years ago that 12 is a lucky number in Chinese Numerology.

Crazy the stuff we retain and then filter.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The worry would be transporting a pregnant woman and making sure the unborn child wasn't seperated so two individuals arrive where only one was really sent.

Hang on........

The cheap, painless abortion. (in star trek anyway).
edit on 8/3/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/3/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

So Kirk was a horn dog because Scotty had his back...except for that one time that was finally resolved in The Search For Spock, because Kirk didn’t know Scotty back then.

top topics

join