It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Researchers May Have Coronavirus Vaccine Available In 90 Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It wasn't that long ago when health officials stated the fastest researchers could get a coronavirus vaccine to market would be approximately a year, perhaps a little longer. I think I heard immunologist Dr. Fauci say at a press conference, that it would take 1 yr to 18 months. Others have stated that researchers needed to first understanding the nature of the coronavirus pathogen, particularly on how the virus enters a host, before a vaccine could be developed for human trials.

Earlier this week, researchers at a US biotech company (Moderna) said that trials for their coronavirus vaccine would start by the end of April, but the process of testing and approvals would last at least a year.

Well, it looks like researchers at Israel’s MIGAL Research Institute will beat that time frame. Today, the CEO of Migal Galilee Research Institute announced that their "goal is to produce the vaccine during the next 8-10 weeks, and to achieve safety approval in 90 days. This will be an oral vaccine, making it particularly accessible to the general public. We are currently in intensive discussions with potential partners that can help accelerate the in-human trials phase and expedite the completion final product development and regulatory activities.”

After 4 years of research funded by Israel’s Ministry of Science & Technology, MIGAL’s researchers have developed an effective vaccine against avian coronavirus Infectious Bronchitis Virus (IBV), to be adapted soon and create a human vaccine against COVID-19.

David Zigdon, CEO of MIGAL GALILEE RESEARCH INSTITUTE, said, “Given the urgent global need for a human coronavirus vaccine, we are doing everything we can to accelerate development. Our goal is to produce the vaccine during the next 8-10 weeks, and to achieve safety approval in 90 days. This will be an oral vaccine, making it particularly accessible to the general public. We are currently in intensive discussions with potential partners that can help accelerate the in-human trials phase and expedite the completion final product development and regulatory activities.”

Dr. Chen Katz, MIGAL’s Biotechnology Group Leader, commented, “The scientific framework for the vaccine is based on a new protein expression vector, which forms and secretes a chimeric soluble protein that delivers the viral antigen into mucosal tissues by self-activated endocytosis (a cellular process in which substances are brought into a cell by surrounding the material with cell membrane, forming a vesicle containing the ingested material), causing the body to form antibodies against the virus. In pre-clinical (IN-VIVO) trials, MIGAL’s researchers have demonstrated that the oral vaccination induces high levels of specific anti-IBV antibodies.

www.migal.org.il...

edit on 2/28/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

So they got lucky potentially. They had already spent 4 years testing and developing this thing for another virus, but they think it could be similar enough to the strain causing COVID-19 that it might work.

If the trials show good response, then most of the old studies on it will still apply which is why they can be so fast with it.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Was about to write the same, but hit refresh. I agree but will add:

I do not think they knew about the outbreak beforehand, as they searched for four years. I hope they can learn from the progress.

add2: Not wanting to say you think that, just a addition.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Oh, I don't think. The quote even says what they were developing it for -- an avian strain that causes an infectious bronchitis. So they were targeting a completely different disease, but they must think it works similarly enough to potentially be effective against this one.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
MIGAL is an independent research organization. It's in Israel but it's not specifically Israel which is par for the course in finding vaccines. They can do in weeks what would take the CDC a year or more. In Bernie's world he would tell everyone to wait a year and shut up about it. This organization has patents and Bernie would take those as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Awesome news and yeah, luck seems to have played a big part in this.

Still, it's hope, and that has to help.

The financial markets will rebound on this news alone soon, I would think.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Let’s hope so.. we should keep an eye on this. Some dang good news.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is good news. My question is, what will it cost?

Pharmaceutical companies don’t have the best reputation when it comes to making meds affordable.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wonder if Muslims will reject the vaccine made by Israeli researchers.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Maybe they have already!!! Interesting they are the 1st to make that claim!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
And all the warnings about coronavirus vaccine.....yeeh just take it die on next outbreak because immuno deficiency.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The conspiracy is that it was created in a lad so it's not a huge stretch to think that a lab would already have a vaccine..

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'll let everyone else try out the vaccine for a few years before I go take it. It is one you ingest, I may be able to take that, as long as it is not injected into my body I should be safe from overreacting.

I would rather just boost Beta ketoamides chemistry in the body. I wonder if cooking popcorn in coconut oil will create more Beta ketoamides. There are lots of methyl chemistries created in popcorn, some may actually convert the coconut oil chemistry into the medicine. I like popcorn. They are working on that cure in Canada. pubs.acs.org...#

I read some articles about creating those ketoamides. That chemistry does naturally increase in our bodies on a ketogenic diet, as long as there is some methyl chemistry consumed, like tea or coffee I suppose. Or maybe peppermint or spearmint, or similar methyl chemistry in Sage and Rosemary.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
well, Charles Lieber helped create the korona, so that means they have had it in the back for mozes knows how many years.

if lieber has izreali ties, and he is from harvard, well then they also have been playing with the korona for years.

maybe thats how they can bang out a vaccinne, they have been experimenting on it for years?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I suppose that as long as its presented in the context of vaccines, most wont ponder whether or not existing non-vaccine research might be applicable too.

And that maybe it isnt literally the most unique thing to ever be seen on the planet.

I sure hope it doesnt cause immune system/cytokine cascades when a vaccinated person runs into a/the virus. If that is precipitated by environmental factors rather than strictly The Virus, even in part, it probably wont show up in preliminary testing. Nor will it show up if one vaccine causes increased risk with a different virus or infection.

new topics

top topics

join